Testbuilds for Native MP2 TV - Updated for 10th AE Update 1 (2014-09-13)! (1 Viewer)

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You are aware MP2 is not a release? Everything connected to it states that fact.

Now, when I add a network resource, it ALSO does not allow me to use my existing drive letter. It uses some weirdo GUID+UNC-path syntax
    Nope... A Drive Letter indicates it is a Local device but any kind of a UNC.
    A UNC path has 2 methods of mounting.... An actual Shared drive or folder from the host OR \\SystemName\Drive$ there-by using System Access.
    A Mapped Drive is only local to that machine. It is a Remote Volume Assigned to a Local System. Forwarding a Mapped Drive is not expectable even to Windows. Do you truly expect a Map Drive to be available as 2nd party to a piece of software?

MP2 supports Local drive access or Network (Shares) using the Gui. For a Network Share to be available to MP2, it must be Shared by the server. This method guarantees 1-You actually wanted it shared, 2-It appears the same way for All Clients.
    This is the Norm for Windows....

UPnP discovery seems to be broken or incompatible with other stuff on the network. My logs are overflowing with 'Invalid HTTP header' lines from the SSDPClient/Server
    How about following procedure and posting the Server and Client logs.....
    No one can help you without them

I for one have been doing extensive testing for the MP2 developers and know 2 things
    1 - For not a release, this is an exciting piece of software
    2 - Making statements without information on System / System Configuration / Log Files does nothing for anyone

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'll try to answer some of your points
    The restricted mode button is defect - when you run as administrator it is able to restart the service, but the button still says restricted mode is active. Why on earth do you not simply request elevated access when needed?
    This is caused by the fact that MP2-Server is running the TVE35 core as plugin. SetupTV doesn't know this yet, it only sees that there is no TvService available locally and doesn't offer you to stop it.

The first thing I did was to add my media shares, since indexing always takes forever. Even though I have local drive letters to access the media, these do not show up in the MP2 client UI.
    Please read the wiki for conceptual design of MP2. There is the MP2-Server that will import your shares. So it doesn't know user based drive mappings. That's why UNC paths are the way to go for global shares.
    "Local shares" present local drives of client in a multiseat setup. That is one place where DOKAN allows any other client in network to access your configured share on drive.

I also see "Playlists" everywhere in the client UI, and recall seeing this in MP1 also.
    This is by design. There are workflow contributors available in every screen. Playlist is one of them, others will be visible while playback.

When I click the TV option in the MP2 client, I get the red cross and a message saying "No TV providers yet)".
    Please add your logfiles, without them we cannot tell you the reason (see "how to start a bugreport thread")

UPnP discovery seems to be broken or incompatible with other stuff on the network. My logs are overflowing with 'Invalid HTTP header' lines from the SSDPClient/Server, and I'm not sure where to go to disable it.
    Same as above, logs are required.

If you have more question, the wiki is the first place to check. If you find more issues, file a bug report.

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here are my logs. But there are no error logs (client + server, both 0 kb).

Bild1.png

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    [2014-02-17 19:15:41,375] [503 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - PluginManager: Plugin 'SlimTVMPExtendedProvider' [Version: 1.0; Authors: Morpheus_xx; ID: 'fd70fd97-cb53-4500-8632-0adcef359489'] cannot be enabled - there are plugin conflicts
    [2014-02-17 19:15:41,375] [503 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - PluginManager: Plugin 'SlimTvNativeProvider' [Version: 1.0; Authors: Morpheus_xx; ID: '2ed35264-d9eb-4c6a-a035-2bea4c0a5024'] cannot be enabled - there are plugin conflicts

--> Please delete "SlimTvMPExtendeProvider" plugin from ProgramFiles\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins. It's like "Highlander", there can be only one.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The UI of the TvSetup tool is in many ways quite horrible (I can elaborate if anyone is interested in improving it), especially when you have 4 tuners that you need to configure, but at least it appears to mostly work.
    This tool has come from MP1. It will be modified over time. For now most of the work goes on underneath. In any case, I would be interested if you would elaborate.

Other notes:
    UPnP discovery seems to be broken or incompatible with other stuff on the network. My logs are overflowing with 'Invalid HTTP header' lines from the SSDPClient/Server, and I'm not sure where to go to disable it.
    If UPnP discovery wasn't working then the MP2 client(s) wouldn't find the MP2 server.
    Depending on the full log entry these are probably harmless. Likely some other UPnP device on your network is sending packets that are not as the MP2 UPnP stack expects.

mnmr

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    You are aware MP2 is not a release? Everything connected to it states that fact.

I am indeed aware that this is not a release. I would also like to start this post by apologizing - I can see that my post was probably both offensive and wrong. I'd spent much of the night fiddling with MP2 and suppose I was frustrated that this umpteenth attempt at building a working HTPC was also heading nowhere. It didn't help my mood that Linux Mint wiped my Windows partition just prior to this, so I guess I was generally a sour apple to be around ;)

A Mapped Drive is only local to that machine. It is a Remote Volume Assigned to a Local System. Forwarding a Mapped Drive is not expectable even to Windows. Do you truly expect a Map Drive to be available as 2nd party to a piece of software?

I was under the impression that MP2 would act as a central proxy server, delivering both metadata and media to clients. If clients need to access the files directly then that is obviously not the case. However, if files are accessed directly by MP2 clients, does this imply that transcoding is not available? What would I use as a front-end on an iOS device to watch TV and movies with an MP2 server?

How about following procedure and posting the Server and Client logs.....
    No one can help you without them

That makes sense, although my error logs are all empty. Once the wife releases the TV, I'll do some more testing and post proper bug reports/questions with logs.

mnmr

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    This is caused by the fact that MP2-Server is running the TVE35 core as plugin. SetupTV doesn't know this yet, it only sees that there is no TvService available locally and doesn't offer you to stop it.

Ok, thanks.

Please read the wiki for conceptual design of MP2. There is the MP2-Server that will import your shares. So it doesn't know user based drive mappings. That's why UNC paths are the way to go for global shares. "Local shares" present local drives of client in a multiseat setup. That is one place where DOKAN allows any other client in network to access your configured share on drive.

I actually thought I did read that (a month ago or so), but I must have assumed that since the MP2 server would be streaming TV to clients that it would also do this for other media resources. As I understand it now, MP2 clients will directly access the configured shares - only the metadata will be provided by the server.

I also see "Playlists" everywhere in the client UI, and recall seeing this in MP1 also.
    This is by design. There are workflow contributors available in every screen. Playlist is one of them, others will be visible while playback.

Ok, but certainly strange to have something with no apparent purpose everywhere.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    does this imply that transcoding is not available?
    You're right, it's not yet available. There is some work going on to add this. But this will need some time to complete and no one can give you a time frame atm.
    If once this is working you can use every web- browser as front-end.

mnmr

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The UI of the TvSetup tool is in many ways quite horrible (I can elaborate if anyone is interested in improving it), especially when you have 4 tuners that you need to configure, but at least it appears to mostly work.
    This tool has come from MP1. It will be modified over time. For now most of the work goes on underneath. In any case, I would be interested if you would elaborate.

Ok, so I have a HDHomeRun-4DC device with 4 DVB-C tuners all receiving the same signal. I scanned for channels using the first tuner, then went to channel mapping to (de)assign only the channels I can access. The Channel Mapping view features two listboxes, showing an icon (encrypted or not) and the channel name, but there is no way to sort by encryption (so I had to manually go through the list and do the ctrl-click thing to deselect them). Four times, since the multi-tuner option appears to only be for DvbIP tuners (incidentally I also have a DD OctopusNet Sat>IP tuner, but support for that is still pretty sparse). I had expected to be able to combine tuner channels on the TV Combinations page, but that also appears to be meant for DvbIP only.

Then I went to the TV Channels page, which is probably where I should have gone first to remove the channels I didn't want (only realized this as I write this, could probably have saved quite a bit of work). I then ordered the channels by moving them up and down, but the tool seems not to remember this. I've created groups and the channels do appear in the order in which I sorted them in all of the named groups, but not on the Channels(xx) tab. Not sure why sorting is an option on that page if it does not remember it.

I couldn't find anywhere to assign new channel numbers to the channels I've mapped, so not sure what it'll look like on the client once that works.

I went ahead and deleted all encrypted channels, which was probably a mistake since I am now missing a bunch of channels that I know are not being sent encrypted - so either the encrypted flag is incorrect in the provider stream (YouSee, Denmark) or it was misinterpreted by either tuner or TvSetup. I suspect it is a provider issue though.

TV EPG configuration forgets the "store data only for selected channels" option, but I think someone else already mentioned that. I don't understand what the language choices are for - do I need to pick the languages I speak or the languages the channels are being sent in? Why is there an invariant language?

Timeshifting/recording paths must be local drives, which doesn't work for me. Local space is limited so I need to use a network UNC path or drive, but the tool resets any non-local path to the default. Timeshift configuration options are weird.. what is the purpose of configuring a minimum file count? It would be a lot less obscure to use minutes and/or total GB, then let the backend figure out how many files it should create.

If UPnP discovery wasn't working then the MP2 client(s) wouldn't find the MP2 server.
    Depending on the full log entry these are probably harmless. Likely some other UPnP device on your network is sending packets that are not as the MP2 UPnP stack expects.

Yes, I assumed as much (also considering that they were DEBUG messages). Still, it makes finding other things in the log a bit more cumbersome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom