Testbuilds for Native MP2 TV - Updated for 10th AE Update 1 (2014-09-13)! (3 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Ron

I'm pretty sure I've found the cause of the problem. It requires some fixes in TsWriter and the TV library.
    @morpheus_xx which branch of TVE 3.5 should I build to make a version of the TV library which would be compatible with the released version of the native TV plugin?

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But to be honest. You just need the main branch (your branch) + my filter changes and provide the updated files :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks FreakyJ :) (How's the other side of the world treating you?)

+ my filter changes
    Ahh, bother. That's going to make it a pain for me. It is hard enough already with all the local changes to my working branch.
    @RonD sorry, this is going to take awhile... if I can make it happen at all; might be easier to just wait for the next build.
    I can tell you that the problem should only occur when you change between two channels with the same PMT PID and program number (service ID). Changing between physical channels has nothing to do with it.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    the pid filter is not a problem for me, I flipped the setuptv/hdhr tuner bit to disable the pid filter.

if it helps I could use hdhr command line tools to collect the actual pid filter bits that mepo sets for 2 channels and sub-channels

I see a few other problems with MePo2 native slim tv, For example lav codecs do not enable dxva2 hw acceleration. Same system works fine with MePo1, higher cpu overhead with MePo2. Hard to run PIP mode not enough MIPs

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    the pid filter is not a problem for me, I flipped the setuptv/hdhr tuner bit to disable the pid filter.
    Okay.

if it helps I could use hdhr command line tools to collect the actual pid filter bits that mepo sets for 2 channels and sub-channels
    Thanks for the offer, but no need at this stage. I'm 99.9% confident I know what the issue is; it has nothing to do with the PIDs or PID filtering and everything to do with the fact that the channel change is handled as a dynamic PMT change (which is wrong). Unfortunately supplying a fixed build for you is just a tad complex... otherwise I'd have posted it already.

I see a few other problems with MePo2 native slim tv, For example lav codecs do not enable dxva2 hw acceleration. Same system works fine with MePo1, higher cpu overhead with MePo2. Hard to run PIP mode not enough MIPs
    That's one to raise with @morpheus_xx I guess...

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    not sure how the tuning code and pid filter work. With multiple ATSC subchannels on 1 PhysChannel, I could start watching 9.2 then record now, watch 9.3 then record now, watch 9.1 then record now. Each time the code would need to merge the new PIDs into the existing pid filter. Could then cancel recordings in any order. In multi-seat, 3 clients stop/start watch same 3 sub-channels etc.

There is 1 weird station that has 12 different ATSC sub-channels sharing 18 mbps, not a channel I watch but would make an interesting test case.

http://www.rabbitears.info/market.php

click on SF, then KAXT-CD Channel 1, then "Technical Data and Screencaps"

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    not sure how the tuning code and pid filter work. With multiple ATSC subchannels on 1 PhysChannel, I could start watching 9.2 then record now, watch 9.3 then record now, watch 9.1 then record now. Each time the code would need to merge the new PIDs into the existing pid filter. Could then cancel recordings in any order. In multi-seat, 3 clients stop/start watch same 3 sub-channels etc.
    All of that stuff should work fine. You'd be welcome to test this as soon as I can get a build to you. Even now everything should work as long as you don't try to change between channels with the same program number and PMT PID on one tuner. :)

[edit: To get specific...
    From the log files you supplied earlier, the only pairs you can't change between on a single tuner are:
    1. KRON-HD and LIVWELL
    2. KTVU-HD and KGO-HD
    Of course I'm sure you have other channels, so some other combinations may not work as well. However, my point is that the above combinations should predictably fail and any other combination of KRON-HD, LIVWELL, KTVU-HD, KGO-HD and KPIX-DT should always work.]

There is 1 weird station that has 12 different ATSC sub-channels sharing 18 mbps, not a channel I watch but would make an interesting test case.
    Indeed, that will be an interesting one. :)

Last edited:

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    For example lav codecs do not enable dxva2 hw acceleration. Same system works fine with MePo1, higher cpu overhead with MePo2
    What video card do you have and is it connected to the TV with HDMI?
    Does it happen playing movies and what is the CPU load?
    I also ran into this issue...
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/aplha-3-vers-10ae-videos-cpu-load.127097/
    When playing movies the Quad core CPU in my system would go to 100%

For now I have switched out my video card and gone back to a VGA connection. This card has 1G of ram
    I am also trying the new SAF v6.3.0
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/saf-v6-based-on-lavf.95635/page-274#post-1100135

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom