Testbuilds for Native MP2 TV - Updated for 10th AE Update 1 (2014-09-13)! | Page 73

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by morpheus_xx, November 23, 2012.

1. Nervesagent

Nervesagent Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    I picked it because it just has a few simple buttons on the home screen that do exactly what they say..it's a big WAF-factor there. I don't like submenu's popping out when you hover over a button. That's what I also disliked about Kodi for a long time.
    Also it is easy to remove any buttons (a little harder to create new ones, but doable with multi-shortcut).

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lehmden
    • Premium Supporter

Lehmden Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +3,619 / 28
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Then you have a different Titan Skin... The skin I've tested (it's long ago since I've used MP1 the last time) it has sometimes, but not always a popup menu (e.g. for TV and afair for Videos too) and you never know what it does next... Grr... I really hate it, one of the worst skins I've ever seen for any HTPC software.

A few simple buttons without sub-menu, that is exactly how all "older" MP2 skins are working...

4. Nervesagent

Nervesagent Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    I did edit the homescreen and removed all submenus and buttons I didn't want with the Titan Editor. Really easy.

5. GuiltyNL
    • Premium Supporter

GuiltyNL MP Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 2
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    With MP2.1 released, I was expecting that v3.5 of the server would have been included. But the last build of this server version is still more than a year ago.

Is this 3.5 version still in development? And why isn't it included in the 2.1 Pre-release?

6. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,407 / 22
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Because TVE 3.5 is still in development.

7. GuiltyNL
    • Premium Supporter

GuiltyNL MP Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 2
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Ok I do understand this, but the last build is from september 2015. That is 15 months ago.

And I think with the (pre)release of 2.1 this 3.5 server version could have been included.

8. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,407 / 22
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    You sound like an investor complaining that he is not getting enough return for his money. ;)Please consider the following:

1. This is an open source project where people invest their free time
    2. TVE 3.5 is not managed by the MP2 team. We depend on input from others.
    If you are not happy with our performance, I respectfully would suggest to consider alternatives such as installing WMC on your Windows 7 system ;).

9. GuiltyNL
    • Premium Supporter

GuiltyNL MP Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 2
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    I do understand, I'll quote myself:

But it is a fact that the development is much slower than Kodi for example. Which I'm running now (because I was able to use DVBLink with it which has native Octopus.Net support)

I'll update my hardware as I'm running Windows 10 on a Intel NUC for some time. ;)

But MP is more stable than Kodi and less 'complex'

10. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't mind.

You're not the first person to suggest this. On various occasions I've spent a lot of time and effort explaining what I'm working on and/or asking for help with detailed/specific problems/features/modules. It made no difference. Really, zero buy in. Needless to say: I decided not to bother doing that again.

...but if you learned XAML (presumably that took a lot of time and effort) in order to code your design, why couldn't you learn C# in order to help with TVE 3.5?
    (...and perhaps more to the point: why do you assume that you need to know C# in order to help with TVE 3.5?)
    Again and in other words: the thing that stands out clearly to me is that you're willing to invest a lot of time and effort when something really matters to you. It seems like TVE 3.5 simply doesn't matter enough for you to be willing to invest that much time and effort. Maybe I'm wrong in my interpretation; I'm just trying to explain my perspective, and why I'm disappointed when I read a response like this.

This I can understand. For some people looking at code and/or commits can be too technical.

Mmm, you don't see the need, but did you ask?
    I mean, how would you be able to see the need if you're not able to understand the commit history?
    (I think I could find tasks for "experience design" - user interface, task flow etc.)

...and I wonder if you think design is the only way you could contribute? (Surely this is not the case. If you can handle XAML, I think there would be other non-design things you can help with.)

I'm not trying to be critical. Just trying to challenge you to open your mind a little. [edit: ...and not underestimate your abilities!]

Yes, I fully understand and accept this. We have to prioritise and set reasonable limits for ourselves. I face the same challenge. Many things interest me, but I only have X amount of free time and energy.

Sure, but I think we have to face reality. I've been working alone for ~3 years (???). People could have jumped in at any point in that time... but they haven't. I think there's a message in that.

11. GuiltyNL
    • Premium Supporter

GuiltyNL MP Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 2
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Oh shoot. I knew there was more to this. Sorry to hear this. Also my 'complaints' are far from personal, is there really no one in the development team that is able to help you?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!