Testbuilds for Native MP2 TV - Updated for 10th AE Update 1 (2014-09-13)! (2 Viewers)

mnmr

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I am still interested in knowing more about your UPnP errors.

Logs attached here (messages appear to be the same for both client and server log).

Also spotted an error in server.log that I haven't seen before. Not sure what I was doing at the time, but not much other than starting and stopping MP2 as I recall.

mnmr

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I've tried again, and TvSetup does not remember the recording/timeshift folders unless they are on a local drive.

It does indeed allow you to browse and select an UNC path, but just like the mapped network drives, it does not save the setting.

A small improvement would also be to make the field user-editable, so you can enter in UNC paths to shares that are not browseable.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Mnmr,
    All these errors read as if you have a firewall or virus software not allowing the ports on IP 10.0.0.13
    Here is initializes the IP
    [2014-02-18 00:52:09,800] [5231 ] [Main ] [DEBUG] - UPnPServer: Initializing IP endpoint '10.0.0.13'
    [2014-02-18 00:52:09,801] [5232 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - UPnPServerController: SSDP enabled for IP endpoint '10.0.0.13', search port is 1900

Later both IP and UDP packets have an issue and it appears to always be incoming

[2014-02-18 00:52:38,568] [33999 ] [14 ] [DEBUG] - SSDPServerController: Problem parsing incoming packet at IP endpoint '10.0.0.13'. Error message: 'Invalid HTTP header line '''
    [2014-02-18 00:52:38,568] [33999 ] [15 ] [DEBUG] - SSDPClientController: Problem parsing incoming multicast UDP packet. Error message: 'Invalid HTTP header line '''

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    As for the Recording and Timshifting folders
    I created a new folder on my F: drive called TV Share
    Gave it all the needed permissions (more info below), went into SetupTv and configured both sections to a UNC path

TV_Shares_03.jpg TV_Shares_04.jpg TV_Shares_05.jpg TV_Shares_06.jpg

Setup....
    TV_Shares_01.jpg TV_Shares_02.jpg

mnmr

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Mnmr,
    All these errors read as if you have a firewall or virus software not allowing the ports on IP 10.0.0.13

I don't think that this is firewall related, since it is receiving the packet - it just cannot parse the contents of it. Besides, both client and server run on the same machine, and firewall's are typically smart enough to allow such things. FWIW I'm using Norton Internet Security (2014).

My best guess is that it is the Sonos Playbar doing funny things on the network. It has some sort of DLNA server built-in (or whatever protocol it is), since it shows up on my TV when I list the available network sources. However, the MP logs aren't particularly detailed (e.g. packet source IP or content might help identify the source).

I could run Wireshark to see what is being sent back and forth, but would prefer not to install WinPcap on the HTPC.. but will do it if its the easiest solution.

Last edited:

mnmr

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    As for the Recording and Timshifting folders
    I created a new folder on my F: drive called TV Share
    Gave it all the needed permissions (more info below), went into SetupTv and configured both sections to a UNC path

So what you are saying is that this is a permissions issue?

I think the UNC shares I'm trying to use might actually only be read-only to public users, so that could explain it. I'll need to see if I can set permissions on a subfolder on the NAS, since I'd prefer not to give everyone full r/w access.

Thought: It'd be nice if MP would use the network credentials entered when connecting to the server, that way it'd already have the appropriate permissions.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Very nice, thanks!
    You're welcome.

I've been using K-Lite Codec Pack in the past to install codecs and tools - is that something you'd recommend?
    Personally I don't like codec packs. This packs are installing tons of unnecessary things. If you use Win7 (or 8) all you need is a MKV splitter and probably (on Win8) a Mpeg2 Codec. Both can be best get by using LAV Filters. A "normal" setup is well prepared with this. That's why MP bundles with LAVF...

But some (not that good) hardware can require special codecs under some circumstances. Your Soundbar is not able to playback DTS audio. My (17 years old) AVR is not able to playback 2.0 Stereo if it comes via SP/DIF. That's why I do an upmixing to 5.1 on every 2.0 audio source. For this I have installed AC3 filter (solely without any codec pack) as AC3 Filter has the best options for up/downmixing I know of. And AC3 filter can transcode DTS to Dolby Digital (5.1) or Stereo (2.0) on the fly, what you can use to get your Soundbar working with DTS sources...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom