Testbuilds for Native MP2 TV - Updated for 10th AE Update 1 (2014-09-13)! (2 Viewers)

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    First time MePo2, Slim TV Native user. Still getting used to MePo2, setup etc. Also see the “restricted mode active” status in setuptv.exe don't know why or what is needed to fix the problem. BUT this does not seem to prevent me from setting up tuners, doing ATSC channel scans, etc and I can get ATSC TV setup if I do cleanup of the channel names.

What causes the setuptv.exe “restricted mode active”? how to fix? so far I can work around it.

When I do a ATSC scan with HDHR tuners, I see a "PidFilter: error, If I disable the PID filter, ATSC scan works, I get "unknown N1-N2" for channel names as warned/expected, but basic TV seems to work. The following is the PID error, see TvServerSetup.zip for actual log files.

Code:
    [2014-09-16 12:49:49,167] [3066350] [52       ] [ERROR] -
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Mediaportal.TV.Server.Plugins.TunerExtension.MicrosoftPidFilter.MicrosoftPidFilter.ApplyFilter()

setuptv > ManualControl, does not have "start/stop", use MePo2 ServiceMonitor to do stop/start.

This is the 2nd/3rd try to setup MP2-Setup-10th_AE_Update_1, tried to do a full uninstall to get a "clean new install" of MePo2. 2 sets of zipfiles with MePo2 server logs.

FirstRun.zip, install MePo2 single seat client/server NO TV, add 1 MePo1 recording sub-folder to get some videos, works ok.

TvServerSetup.zip, stop MePo2 server, copy SlimTV-NativeTV-10th_AE_Update1_refresh Server/Client files to MePo2 program folders, enable server. Do ATSC scans, disable PID Filter, do scan/works. Test 2 channels. The spoiler has longer version of notes I took setting up MePo2.

Full MePo2 uninstall using “Remove Programs”, reboot, notice MP2 folders/files in the following folders, no MePo2 tasks in taskmanager

C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal # slimtv not removed
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal # 2-3 MePo2 folders and files not removed

removed all MePo2 folders, looking for clean re-install MePo2 nothing left over from previous install/setup

MePo2 install Client/Server MP2-Setup-10th_AE_Update_1

start MePo2 client, enable 1 Media source, networked MePo1 TV recordings, basic video works, close MePo2 client.

Use MePo2 service monitor to disable server, copy SilmTV cleint/server files to FirstRun.zip. remove current logs to show TV setup in next step.

copy SlimTV-NativeTV-10th_AE_Update1_refresh Server/Client files to MePo2 program folders, enable server, see MePo2 service in task manager.

a few WARN messages from database, see log
    [2014-09-16 11:58:46,056] [3240 ] [5 ] [WARN ] - Failed to drop constraint Recordings.ChannelRecording
    System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): SQL logic error or missing database
    near "DROP": syntax error

at 12:42 or so, start SetupTV, see “restricted mode active”, see W8-MePo (correct server name) BUT can disable all cards except HDHR/ATSC 533-0, 533-1, select TV Channels see “restart server” message, all other cards removed.

Manual Control does NOT have server stop/start option, can use MePo2 service monitor to stop/start if needed

run ATSC scan on 533-0, run HDHRconfig tool in parallel to watch, scan runs I abort after PhysChan = 12, HDHR shows scanning. I should see ATSC channels for PhysChan 7 and 12, but setuptv shows “no channels. Log file shows PID filter errors

[2014-09-16 12:49:49,167] [3066350] [52 ] [ERROR] -
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Mediaportal.TV.Server.Plugins.TunerExtension.MicrosoftPidFilter.MicrosoftPidFilter.ApplyFilter()

Edit tuner 533-0, disable PID Filter, select TV Channels see “restart server” message, go back and verify PID = disable

Do ATSC scan, now finding ATSC channels on 7, 12, let scan run all channels, find 89 ATSC chan/subchans, about the expected number.

TV Channels show list of unknown channels, preview of 7-3 shows expected 7.1/KGO, preview of 12-3 shows expected 11.1/KNTV

Make channel group = “Favorites” add unknown 7-3, 12-3, exit setuptv “ok” does not work, use “cancel”

start MePo2 Client, goto TV, watch 7-3/KGO and 12-3/KNTV see expected programs, so setuptv, scan, etc all seem to basically work. MePo2 client can watch TV if I disable PID filter. Still need to fix channels names, setup EPG etc.

stop MePo2 server, save log files in TvServerSetup.zip

for hdhr scan reference, did command line scan, see hdhrscan.txt in zip

Attachments

• SetupTV1.PNG
      SetupTV1.PNG
      46.2 KB
    • FirstRun.zip
      14 KB
    • TvServerSetup.zip
      129 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Attention: First Time Native MP2 User:
    Opening SetupTV.exe shows this screen - no button for channel scan -
    This means an exception/error has occurred during loading of TV Server configuration.
    Please post the SetupTV log files. The service log files that you've posted already are no use.

Also no idea why only "Restricted mode active" - Using an administrative account with password.
    Are you running TV Server configuration on a different PC to MP2 Server?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    mm1352000
    Can the multiple IP's be the issue for:
    [2014-09-16 12:11:50,364] [550 ] [27 ] [DEBUG] - SSDPClientController: Problem parsing incoming unicast UDP packet. Error message: 'Invalid HTTP content length: header 0, actual body: 1'
    Or did I miss something I do not understand?
    No, multiple IP addresses are not the cause of that. This message is irrelevant to the problem at hand, but @morpheus_xx might want to know about it because it means the UPnP SSDP packet parsing is still not quite right.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Ron :)

Also see the “restricted mode active” status in setuptv.exe don't know why or what is needed to fix the problem.
    It isn't necessarily a problem. Simply means you can't use TV Server configuration to stop and start the TV service... which you can't do anyway if you're using NativeTV.
    @morpheus_xx I've been thinking we need to extend the integration provider interface to be able to determine the correct service name - currently either the standalone service name, or the MP2 service name. How would you feel about that?

BUT this does not seem to prevent me from setting up tuners, doing ATSC channel scans, etc and I can get ATSC TV setup if I do cleanup of the channel names.
    Good. :)

What causes the setuptv.exe “restricted mode active”? how to fix? so far I can work around it.
    As above. I'd simply ignore it for now. It really isn't worth wasting your time on it.

When I do a ATSC scan with HDHR tuners, I see a "PidFilter: error...
    I think I see the problem. Please try replacing the Mediaportal.TV.Server.Plugins.TunerExtension.MicrosoftPidFilter.dll DLL in the Plugins\CustomDevices subdirectory within the SlimTV/NativeTV plugin directory in the MP2 Server install directory with the attached DLL. You need to stop the MP2 Server service first.

By the way, the goal of this PID filtering is to reduce the bandwidth used on your network. I'd be very interested to know if the plugin does work for you, so any investigations or comments you could make on that subject would be much appreciated. :)

setuptv > ManualControl, does not have "start/stop", use MePo2 ServiceMonitor to do stop/start.
    As above. That is because of restricted mode... but even if that button were there it wouldn't be able to stop and start the MP2 Server service at this time. In other words, you'll need to continue to use ServiceMonitor to stop and start the service for the forseable future.

Regards,
    mm

Attachments

• Mediaportal.TV.Server.Plugins.TunerExtension.MicrosoftPidFilter.zip
      3.3 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    in MePo2 where are the setuptv.log files? I don't see setuptv.log files in MP2-Server\log not sure where to look
    Sorry, I don't know. You'll have to get an answer from morpheus_xx I think. Have a look under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal though; it should be somewhere under there...

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    updated MicrosoftPidFilter.dll with new file, stop/start server, added some ATSC channels that have 3 subchannels to see if pidfilter reduces BW.

First mbps is from HDHRconfig, 2nd mbps is Win8.1 TaskManager Ethernet BW, system idle other than MePo2 testing.

PID Filter = Off
    5.1,KPIX, 18.1 mbps, 18.8 mbps
    7,1, KGO, 18.7 mbps, 19.5 mbps
    7.2, LIVWELL, 18.8 mbps, 19.5 mbps
    9,1, KQED-HD, 19.2 mbps, 20.1 mbps
    9.2, KQED+, 19.2 mbps, 20.1 mbps
    9.3, WORLD, 19.2 mbps, 20.1 mbps

PID Filter = Auto (stop/start after setting change)
    5.1,KPIX, 18.1 mbps, 18.8 mbps
    7,1, KGO, 18.7 mbps, 19.5 mbps, no change
    7.2, LIVWELL, 18.8 mbps, 19.5 mbps, no change
    9,1, KQED-HD, 19.2 mbps, 20.1 mbps, no change
    9.2, KQED+, 19.2 mbps, 20.1 mbps, no change
    9.3, WORLD, 19.2 mbps, 20.1 mbps, no change

I was expecting no mbps change for 5.1/KPIX since it does not have subchannels. Thought I'd see mbps change for 7.1/7.2, 9.1/9.2/9.3 since there are 3 subchannels on each PhyChan. Not sure why no change. Did not try PID Filter = Enable, will try tomorrow.

UPDATE/NOTE: just tried PID Filter = Enable, no obvious BW change

ATSC scan does NOT get pidfilter error, finds my 1st 2 PhyChans = 7, 12. Stopped scan so no errors at least.

HDHR has command line options to adjust PID filter, I'll try some tests tomorrow to see if I can figure out how this works.

server.1.log is from tests with PID filter = off, server.log is from PID filter = Auto and channel scans

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Ron

I seem to recall that the settings in HDHR Setup may make a difference. In particular, the "main application" setting on the "application" tab. If you have it set to "MediaPortal" then I believe the PID filter is disabled because MediaPortal has not supported PID filtering up until now. I'll do some digging and see if I can find the advice about how to get it working...

mm

[edit: Ahah! Found it. In the Windows registry navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Silicondust\HDHomeRun\Tuners key. Under that should be keys for each of your tuners. Within those keys should be a BDAPIDFilter value... which is probably set to "Disabled". Set that value to "Enabled" for each tuner. You may need to restart the PC for the change to take effect.]

Last edited:

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Under prigram data/teamMediaportal there is a foldet setupTv or similar. There you will find the log :) at least i hope so :p

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    @FreakyJ

saw this setuptv folder earlier, the log files are "zero length", the times are about when I 1st started MePo2 Slim TV Native debug

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal Setup TV\log

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom