Testbuilds for SlimTV using TVServer+MPExtended - Updated for 2.2 (2018-10-09)! (4 Viewers)

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    ok, sorry, didn't see that one - SQLite is definitely the reason why SlimTV Native didn't work. Sorry, but we have to wait for a bux fix (or better the implementation of some additional methods) inside the System.Data.SQLite.DLL until SQLiteDatabase works together with SlimTV Native.
    [Side note: I've read so much system.data.sqlite code for my efforts to speed up SQLiteDatabase that it's only a matter of time until I know the code of System.Data.SQLite good enough to implement the missing methods myself - I'm still hoping that I don't have to because I would prefer spending my time directly for MP2, but if it doesn't work at all that way, that's at least an option...]
    I hope SlimTV Native works with the standard database!

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Native installed and is currently scnning OTA digital channels?

I now I have thrown a lot of info at you guys... I have been reading a lot about MP2 and the need for testers..
    If there is somehting specific you need to help with the DB issues, just ask.... I will be more than happy to test[DOUBLEPOST=1381757605][/DOUBLEPOST]OTA scan completed with Native and stock DB.
    Included with the zip is a screenshot of the TV Server Configuration screen, what is *Restriced mode active*?

Scan only found 8 channels and they are labeled as 12-1, 19-3, etc.
    As MM knowns, there are more than 8 channels in my area and the names to come accross normally.
    Ideas, suggestions are always welcome...

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Scan only found 8 channels and they are labeled as 12-1, 19-3, etc.
    As MM knowns, there are more than 8 channels in my area and the names to come accross normally.
    Ideas, suggestions are always welcome...
    The work that we did in the CableCARD thread has not yet been rolled into this version of TV Server. If you want to use this version of TV Server then you're going to have to put up with any issues with it for the moment.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Good to know, thanks. Anything you need or want tested to help?
    Right now it is good to know the SlimTV Native is working under a fresh MP2 client/server install

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Good news is I was able to do a channel scan of my WOW cable.
    Like the old days, it found a few channels with the correct names...
    Adding the logs in case anyone is intrested in how and what it found.
    There were a few errors listed and I did add the error logs......

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Morpheus_xx,
    working on TvWishList for the native Tv server I found out that the method
    IList<TVDatabase.Entities.Program> rawprograms = ServiceAgents.Instance.ProgramServiceAgent.GetProgramsByChannelAndTitleAndStartEndTimes(IdChannel, Title, StartTime, EndTime);
    does not return the episodename in the Program. If I do a native sql query the returned program data do contain the episode number.
    I am using the alfa3 version with the native SlimTv Server installed.
    A general question: Should I post any found issues with the native TV server here or in the bug reports?
    greetings, huha

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    working on TvWishList for the native Tv server I found out that the method
    IList<TVDatabase.Entities.Program> rawprograms = ServiceAgents.Instance.ProgramServiceAgent.GetProgramsByChannelAndTitleAndStartEndTimes(IdChannel, Title, StartTime, EndTime);
    does not return the episodename in the Program. If I do a native sql query the returned program data do contain the episode number.
    I think @gibman could explain this?

A general question: Should I post any found issues with the native TV server here or in the bug reports?
    You should start a bug report thread in this forum part. Issues will then be added to jira "TV-LIB" project.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    morpheus_xx,
    I am sorry, it was a problem in my plugin. I should have waited one more day. The episodename is correctly read out.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm very happy to announce some major improvements to SlimTV client features, coming in next Alpha (4) release!

Improved program guide (EPG):
    • Completely new implemented guide that allows you to scroll continuously through the programs (like known in MP1)
    • Major performance optimization in scrolling through programs
    • New settings to allow user to configure the number of rows (channels) and also the visible time span (horizontal programs).

01_Titanium_8_rows.jpg
    02_User_Setting_Rows.jpg
    03_Titanium_5_rows.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom