Testbuilds for SlimTV using TVServer+MPExtended - Updated for 2.2 (2018-10-09)! (3 Viewers)

JacobJust

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Could we please also have MP2 remember what view was last used in guide. It is a bit anoying to go menu and select multi guide each time.
    But MP2 is realy getting better....

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't understand exactly what you mean: when entering TV, you are inside the "main view". From here you can enter either single or multi guide.
    And you are able to use key shortcuts to access them directly (tv home: T, epg: Special key "guide").
    What would you like to have different?

JacobJust

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I don't understand exactly what you mean: when entering TV, you are inside the "main view". From here you can enter either single or multi guide.
    And you are able to use key shortcuts to access them directly (tv home: T, epg: Special key "guide").
    What would you like to have different?
    When i press "Slim TV-Client" i get the single tv guide. I dont use that. Each time i need to go and select multi tv guide.
    Maybe it Could start with the guide of last choice? (Im Using remote only, so its a lot of pressing each time -instead of starting in the Wanted guide view.) :)

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok I think I understand

The "TV Home" screen I have created in MP2 now, has in principle not many features yet:

Code:
    [Single Channel Guide] |  List of channels 
    [Multi Channel Guide]  |
    [Recordings]           |

The left side contains menu items, in Reflexion and Titanium this menu is hidden by default.

The right side wouldn't have any content yet, except the channel list (this list is the same as seen in Mini Guide).

I could fill the right side with few other menu buttons like in MP1 ("Turn on tv", "Schedules" etc...) but in fact this would be menu items that would belong more into the main menu than into content area.

JacobJust

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Ok I think I understand

The "TV Home" screen I have created in MP2 now, has in principle not many features yet:

Code:
    [Single Channel Guide] |  List of channels
    [Multi Channel Guide]  |
    [Recordings]           |

The left side contains menu items, in Reflexion and Titanium this menu is hidden by default.

The right side wouldn't have any content yet, except the channel list (this list is the same as seen in Mini Guide).

I could fill the right side with few other menu buttons like in MP1 ("Turn on tv", "Schedules" etc...) but in fact this would be menu items that would belong more into the main menu than into content area.
    The choices are fine to me... Maybe the schedules are missing. But for ease of use (for me personal) i would like to start with the multi guide view, since that is what i use the most when i need to select what to see in live tv.
    If i need other views or functions im glad to use the hidden menu to change view.
    So i guess its just a wish to start with multi guide instead channel list. :)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, here some "MP2 voodoo" for you:

Please locate the file "MP2-Client\Plugins\SlimTvClient\Skin\default\workflow\SlimTvClient-actions.xml" and open it in any text editor.

Then look at line 20...26:
    XML:
        <PushNavigationTransition Id="FA056DED-1122-42bd-A3DE-CB6CF2A59C66"
          Name="SlimTvClient->Guide"
          DisplayCategory="A-1SlimTvClientMultiChannelGuide"
          SortOrder="b"
          SourceStates="C7646667-5E63-48c7-A490-A58AC9518CFA"
          TargetState="7323BEB9-F7B0-48c8-80FF-8B59A4DB5385"
          DisplayTitle="Multi TV Guide"/>
    and add the bold marked text (including ","):
    <PushNavigationTransition Id="FA056DED-1122-42bd-A3DE-CB6CF2A59C66"
    Name="SlimTvClient->Guide"
    DisplayCategory="A-1SlimTvClientMultiChannelGuide"
    SortOrder="b"
    SourceStates="7F702D9C-F2DD-42da-9ED8-0BA92F07787F,C7646667-5E63-48c7-A490-A58AC9518CFA"
    TargetState="7323BEB9-F7B0-48c8-80FF-8B59A4DB5385"
    DisplayTitle="Multi TV Guide"/>
    Multiguide_home.jpg

Generally spoken, skin designers have the choice to add menu items to any workflow states (like "Home" or "TV" screen).

CanadianEh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Okay, I swear I am losing my mind. Where is the link to download the latest SlimTV plugin so I can test this with MP2 Alpha 4 and my old MP1 TV Server? I don't see a link on the first post...

Thanks!! :)

cry_wolf

Portal Pro
    February 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Will it be possible to use mdapi with this ? I know it's not supported but is it possible to use it ?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    is it possible to use it ?
    ATM it's not possible as not a single TV Server plugin is working with new TV Engine up to now. This will be added in (near) future but today it is not. If you want to use plugins you still need to use old MP1 TV server

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom