Testbuilds for SlimTV using TVServer+MPExtended - Updated for 2.2 (2018-10-09)! (3 Viewers)

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ive followed theinstructions and got the singleseat to work great

im trying to run in multiseat now but having issues - i have the pc with the tv card running mp2 server - with tv4home installed - the client pc has been given both the computername and ip address of the server pc but it wont give me the EPG...so no tv at all on the client pc

ill install tv4home on the client pc to see if thats needed (as well as .net framework 4

DarkOrje

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2011
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry that I created an own threat in the wrong subforum https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/slimtvclient-error.106476/ I found this one too late.
    But I still have the problem shown in the pictures and the log files. It doesn't matter if I use localhost, the name or the IP adress of the server.
    I also disabled all firewalls (on pc and router), set the port 4322 to free, but nothing helped.
    Now I installed an MP2 client on my desktop but get the same error when I start Slim TvClient. I don't understand it! (n)
    Is that entry "UPnPBackendServer.DefaultFriendlyName" in picture 22 right?

Attachments

• 000022.png
      000022.png
      67.4 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

the name "UPnPBackendServer.DefaultFriendlyName" is an problem with missing localization in setup process and now filed under http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=3816

According to your logfiles, you try to use the MPExtended provider. Your PC "HTPC" seems to be the main server, where MP2-Server is running.

If you have installed TvService and MPExtended on this HTPC, the desktop should have "HTPC" as servername for MPExtended server configured.
    On HTPC itself you should leave "localhost", because MPExtended and TvService are running on same machine (I assume)

DarkOrje

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2011
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the answer. And now the next beginner question: Is there a file where I can edit this fault?

DarkOrje

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2011
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe I understand you wrong, but is the
    missing localization in setup process
    the cause for my problems?

Because all you wrote is right:
    According to your logfiles, you try to use the MPExtended provider. Your PC "HTPC" seems to be the main server, where MP2-Server is running. If you have installed TvService and MPExtended on this HTPC, the desktop should have "HTPC" as servername for MPExtended server configured. On HTPC itself you should leave "localhost", because MPExtended and TvService are running on same machine (I assume)
    and I put it this way but the error keeps the same.
    That was the reason why I ask if I have the chance to edit a file like windows registry to fix my problem.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    im using the 1st attachment (MP2_slimtv_plugin.z7) and i use the computername of the pc running the mp2server(with tv4home).. but i dont get the tv to work on the other pc running the client and provider plugin there

the TV plugin works locally with "localhost" on the server pc but not on the networked client

any ideas? i can provide logs if only i know where they were

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    im using the 1st attachment (MP2_slimtv_plugin.z7) and i use the computername of the pc running the mp2server(with tv4home).. but i dont get the tv to work on the other pc running the client and provider plugin there
    Just to confirm the computer name is the name of the TV server setup in MP1 - maybe a slightly different name to the "windows name"... That certainly worked for me
    Neville

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've added a new version (v03) that brings new sweet features to slimtv client :) See first post for details and downloads!

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hmmm maybe a stupid question but couldn't find the answer.
    If I install everything mentioned here to run SlimTV on MP2 will it break my Live TV in MP1?

I have a client/server setup for MP1 right now with one TV Card in the server and I don't want to break my Live TV on MP1 while playing with the MP2 Alpha

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No it wont break MP1 LiveTv. In principle it works like multiseat mode for different users.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom