Testbuilds for SlimTV using TVServer+MPExtended - Updated for 2.2 (2018-10-09)! (2 Viewers)

Luka

Portal Member
February 24, 2012
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
this sounds like a firewall issue, did you open the port 4322?

Yap, I opened port form 4000 to 5000 TCP and UPD. I also do test for some ports in this range and it seems they're open...

ghugheyjr

April 10, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks a ton. I followed your instructions and everything worked fine. You are awesome!

K24A3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2010
    Home Country
    I'm also having difficulty getting TV to work over Ethernet LAN.

Server PC: Win7HP, MP 1.22, latest MPExtended installed, latest MP1 TV Server running
    Client PC: Win7Pro, MP2 Easter, no extra plugins.
    LAN connection: 1GBit using Win7 Homegroup.

I can get the EPG and channel data, but when I try to view a channel over the network it either does nothing, shows the wait animation, or shows a blank screen. This with TV4Home and MPExtended (not at the same time off course)

Initially with the MP2 Alpha build, it was happening with the TV4Home plugin. No errors in the log at all except for [AMQ 'ScreenManager'] [ERROR] - Cannot open texture: channellogos\xxxxxx.png

With the Easter Build and MPExtended all cleanly unzipped without modification, the same problem is happening. EPG ok but no Live TV click response or black screen.
    With Easter+MPExtended see a lot of this now: [InputMgr ] [ERROR] - PC2: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    I was seeing that TCP 10061 connection refused so I refreshed the Windows HomeGroup and set both PC's to "Home" location. That fixed the TCP error but I still get no Live TV streaming.
    Port 4322 is open (using porttest.blogspot.com), Kasperky disabled on client PC, Windows Firewall disabled on server PC.
    I can ping the server fine, drive mapping both ways work fine. I don't think it's a network/port problem since the EPG data comes through fine.

It's not a big deal, just sharing my experience so far.
    So far MP2 is lean, clean, well designed and snappy. Reflection theme looks great. A breath of fresh are compared to MP1, very impressed!
    It could do with more wait cursor animations though, one thing I like is the confirmation that MP is thinking or loading so I know I pressed the remote/key properly or if there was an error behind the scenes. Intuitive onscreen error messages would help as well rather than have no frontend error indication. But it's early days..

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi K24A3, thanks for testing and reporting!

Please post your full logfiles so I can check what's happening! This sounds like a real bug: [InputMgr ] [ERROR] - PC2: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

K24A3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Sure here are the full logs of both Server and Client. (the client logs were cleaned two launches ago).

PC2 is the MP1 server PC by the way. PC1 is the MP2 client.

EDIT: I'm seeing that UPnPBackendServer.DefaultFriendlyName issue so perhaps that is why the TV server isn't working over LAN.

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi morpheus_xx

Is there any other port needed for watching TV with MPextended ?
    I have opened tcp 4322 an get the EPG data. But if i tune a channel the screen leaves black.
    For info, i didn´t installed MP2 alpa. I only downloaded MP2 Easter release and run it localy. My TV server is remote but reachable via Internet
    So i didn´t test WatchingTV connected to the local network.

geckman

June 13, 2009
    Wondering if there are any plans to build functionality into PiP that will allow sizing of the two viewing screens. It would be great to be able to split the screen space either horizontally or vertically to watch concurrent events (eg. live sport).

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is a question of skin design, you have the choice where to put the videos and how big they are. It would be even quite easy to implement different layouts and switch between them...

geckman

June 13, 2009
    I'm using an MCE remote. Reference in the Wiki says that the default key bindings sets key.yellow to SwitchPipPlayers. Does that mean the yellow key on my remote should toggle the main and PiP screens ? If so, it isn't working, (or am I missing something ?).

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Remote control is supported when using the IRSS, check the thread here under plugins subforum. Then the yellow button works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom