Testbuilds for SlimTV using TVServer+MPExtended - Updated for 2.2 (2018-10-09)! (3 Viewers)

jakeb16

September 13, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello all, I am really new to Media portal, and have MP2 installed. I installed MPextended and and wemediaportal but I am gathering that is only for MP1 is that right? So SlimTV with TVE 3.5 is what I need to use instead? Im a bit confused on where to get the latest version. And then once I do how do i enable and configure it. It doesnt seem to be available in the plugin section of the conifugration tool. Do I need to install a new version of Media portal than spring 16?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please do not double post for the same topic. Your post was answered here.
    You can also see fro mthe date of this thread, that it's the wrong place. You refer to Sping 16 and post into a thread for '14 build.
    TVE3.5 is not included any more in newer builds. MP1 and MP2 use both TVE3.0 until TVE3.5 is mature enough.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I installed MPextended and and wemediaportal but I am gathering that is only for MP1 is that right? So SlimTV with TVE 3.5 is what I need to use instead?
    This is not recommended for beginners. It's only for people who wants to have both, MP1 and MP2 at the same time. It is not as feature complete and fast as the "native" MP2 TV. Aside this it's complicated and not very reliable. To watch TV you don't need to install any extra things. The "pure" MP2 installation is all you need.

Im a bit confused on where to get the latest version.
    The latest "release" version is Spring '16. But I highly would recommend to use the latest Dev snapshot from here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/development-snapshots.683/
    As MP2 is still under heavy development there are lots of bugfixes and new features in those snapshots. In the TV area there are some very nice features added lately so it's definitely worth to try.

And then once I do how do i enable and configure it.
    Have a look here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mediaportal-2-installation-and-setup-guides.134034/

jakeb16

September 13, 2016
    Home Country
    Please do not double post for the same topic. Your post was answered here.
    You can also see fro mthe date of this thread, that it's the wrong place. You refer to Sping 16 and post into a thread for '14 build.
    TVE3.5 is not included any more in newer builds. MP1 and MP2 use both TVE3.0 until TVE3.5 is mature enough.

Yep thanks! I realized this was soo old so I reposted. Thanks for all the help. Starting to get the hang ot the forum and program

jakeb16

September 13, 2016
    Home Country
    Hi.
    I installed MPextended and and wemediaportal but I am gathering that is only for MP1 is that right? So SlimTV with TVE 3.5 is what I need to use instead?
    This is not recommended for beginners. It's only for people who wants to have both, MP1 and MP2 at the same time. It is not as feature complete and fast as the "native" MP2 TV. Aside this it's complicated and not very reliable. To watch TV you don't need to install any extra things. The "pure" MP2 installation is all you need.

Im a bit confused on where to get the latest version.
    The latest "release" version is Spring '16. But I highly would recommend to use the latest Dev snapshot from here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/development-snapshots.683/
    As MP2 is still under heavy development there are lots of bugfixes and new features in those snapshots. In the TV area there are some very nice features added lately so it's definitely worth to try.

And then once I do how do i enable and configure it.
    Have a look here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mediaportal-2-installation-and-setup-guides.134034/

Thanks for the quick response! This an ge's comments help. I got the latest build now, and I guess now I just wait for MP2Extended to be released. Which is fine. My Vista Media Center hard drive crashed so I figured I would try to go with the latest and greatest. The web feature is nice but I can wait, since I never had it before. I think I have the TV feature set up right now pretty well. Anyway thank you both for the the info.

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Try this one built from the 2.1 source. (bear in mind I haven't actually tested it because I don't have MP1 or MPExtended).

Extract the files into C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins

Attachments

• SlimTv.MPExtendedProvider.zip
      49.2 KB

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    please post the slimtv.mpextendedprovider for 2.2 pre. i didn't get the version from post #177 to work.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    please post the slimtv.mpextendedprovider for 2.2 pre. i didn't get the version from post #177 to work.
    This takes a while due to required reworks in plugin interface structure, but I will check it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom