Testbuilds for SlimTV using TVServer+MPExtended - Updated for 2.2 (2018-10-09)! (2 Viewers)

matejdro

Portal Pro
May 28, 2010
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
I have installed it and while its working, interface is very slow. I watch that circle spinning 90% of the time, when I click on something. Even at start, when I click SlimTVClient in the menu, it shows spinning circle and then takes like 40 seconds for circle to disappear and show TV guide.

It is multi-seat (MP2 and MP2-server are on different PC than TV Server), but network itself is not a problem. Once I get to it, I can watch 2 HD TV (one normally and one PIP) channels without problem. No errors in log.

Any idea, what am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

Meier

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have installed it and while its working, interface is very slow. I watch that circle spinning 90% of the time, when I click on something. Even at start, when I click SlimTVClient in the menu, it shows spinning circle and then takes like 40 seconds for circle to disappear and show TV guide.

It is multi-seat (MP2 and MP2-server are on different PC than TV Server), but network itself is not a problem. Once I get to it, I can watch 2 HD TV (one normally and one PIP) channels without problem. No errors in log.

Any idea, what am I doing wrong?

Same here :(
Any tips would be awesome :)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I was busy recently... I think I can now take a look at your issues. Before I start, I need more information about:
    • Single seat/Multiseat?
    • MPExtended version, same computer?
    • TvServer version?
    • Network connection?
    And also please post logfiles of MP2-Client and also MP1-TvServer

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Multiseat
    MPExtended 0.4.3 on the same PC than TV Server
    TVServer 1.2.3.0
    TV server and client are connected via 100mbit lan, otherwise internet connection is 20/20 mbit.

Before logging, I restarted both server and client and deleted their old logs for clearance. What I did in logging period is open MP2, select SlimTVClient, select first channel on the list. Then I wanted to exit normally but it somehow got stuck with TV playing in background and loading circle in foreground, so I closed it with ALT+F4.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have no idea yet, what is causing so much delay here. The SlimTv does not have much logging included, so it's difficult to see where the time is spent.

One first thing I've found is an exeption here:
    [2012-11-22 20:11:11,476] [202525 ] [Thread7 ] [ERROR] - PluginManager: Error building plugin item '6DA68FCA-4701-47D7-A0B5-1AA982F0200C' at location '/ResourceProviders'
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void MediaPortal.Common.MediaManagement.ResourceProviderMetadata..ctor(System.Guid, System.String, System.String, Boolean)'.
    at OnlineVideos.MediaPortal2.RawUrlMediaProvider..ctor()
    This means, that the OnlineVideos 2 plugin is not up-to-date and failing. I doubt that it is related here, but I recommend to remove it first and then try again.

After that, I think only more logging might give us more details, or a remote debugging session on your system ;)

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I do not have onlinevideos installed and have the same problem of matejdro... slimtv is really slow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom