Testing of 1.2.3 - final phase (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Ok I´ll restore the system to the state before the upgrade I used Norton ghost just in case like this :).

Problem was there yesterday also.

No v.50 and the one with tsreader 1.2.3 does not work.
    I have no other kind of tv

Update: DVD drive in my HTPC not working. I´ll buy a new thursday or friday. Until then I can´t restore my pc to the state before the upgrade :-(

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    One of the TsWriter logs is full of continuity errors, so it's probably a DVB-IP 'reception' problem (not a TsReader issue).

Tony

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    But I think it is weird that the problem was only there after the update. I have a new drive now and I am restoring the system now. I was so stupid the day I made the image I did not do it before I upgraded the ATI driver. I´ll report back when the system is running with 1.2.2 again and ATI 12.1 if the problem is there with 12.3.

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Ok I have restored the HTPC to the state before the MP 1.2.3 upgrade. I have tested with a lot of channel changes and I have been watching two of the channels that had dropped frames and because of that some stuttering in video and audio there were no problems.

Then I updated to the "test" version of 1.2.3 from this thread again and problems came back.
    Next I tried the same TSReader I used with 1.2.2 because I took a backup before the upgrade the result was bad.
    I was wrong when I wrote the problem is with SD and HD. So far I have only seen the problem with HD.
    Tv is ok for some minutes and then the problem appears. Tell me if you need me to test something.
    I have tried to record a channel and wait until problem appear and then stop recording and play the recording and there was no error, but only tried it once with a 4 min. recording.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ok I have restored the HTPC to the state before the MP 1.2.3 upgrade. I have tested with a lot of channel changes and I have been watching two of the channels that had dropped frames and because of that some stuttering in video and audio there were no problems.

Then I updated to the "test" version of 1.2.3 from this thread again and problems came back.
    Next I tried the same TSReader I used with 1.2.2 because I took a backup before the upgrade the result was bad.
    I was wrong when I wrote the problem is with SD and HD. So far I have only seen the problem with HD.
    Tv is ok for some minutes and then the problem appears. Tell me if you need me to test something.
    I have tried to record a channel and wait until problem appear and then stop recording and play the recording and there was no error, but only tried it once with a 4 min. recording.

Right, so with 1.2.2, all is fine.

With 1.2.3, there is a problem.

With 1.2.3 and the TsReader.ax from 1.2.2, it is still bad?

If this is correct, then the changes to TsReader.ax do not cause the problem, so it must be elsewhere.

You could try TsReader.ax or dshowhelper.dll, swapping between the different builds, although someone else is probably best qualified to comment.

A problem like this is a nightmare. When you upgrade, you are looking for issues, so you tend to look a little harder.

The fact that you recorded a program until the problem occurred, and then played it back fine would seem to suggest that this isn't a bandwidth issue with you actually getting the stream.

Ultimately, I think that 1.2.3 is going to be released tomorrow, basically as you have tested. The benefits to many users are significant and while we don't like to see any regression, at least you have the option to not update things while we try to find the cause of the problems for you.

Keep working with us, and I am sure we will work out where the problem lies.

Mark

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    All correct I also do not think it is tsreader.ax related. I do not need to look hard to see and hear the issues. I do not think it has anything to do with bandwith. I have watched about 2 hours of tv with version 1.2.2 without any problems tonight and with 5 minutes after the update there were problems on HD channel.

I hope someone can help me so i am not stuck with 1.2.2 forever :).

Thank you and I do understand you can´t stop the release because of one persons issues with this version. I´ll definetly stick to 1.2.2 because it is 100% stable with my setup. Thank you and thanks to the whole team behind Mediaportal.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi chrik :)

Can you retry again (i know :) ) ?
    And post log (full one with debug option enable) for mediaportal and tvserver between 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 please :)
    Also you mention that you use IPFilter, maybe something need to be done on this side with the recent change on 1.2.3, Georgius surely can answer for that too.

So yes if you can grab the log for both version, it would be great.

Thank you,
    Seb.

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Are the logs i provided not full logs? I used the "Mediaportal Debug-Mode" shortcut and it starts watchdog and in wtachdog i choosed "Report a bug to Team MediaPortal" option and next proceed. Do you want me do save logs again in another way? I am also going to enable logging of the IPFilter filter and attach them together with "Full" log when I know how you want me to create the log.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

Yes the log you supply was a full one :p
    It's just to make new one (if possible) with you 1.2.2 installation and 1.2.3 installation and with IPFilter :)
    Thanks.

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I think I have found the problem right after the last post.

I did not notice that the version of MPIPTVSource.ax file that was there when I used 1.2.2 was replaced when updating to 1.2.3
    I have replaced the file with the one I use in 1.2.2 this is the newest version from here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/dvb-ip-mediaportal-iptv-source-filter.96726/

I´ll report back if it does not solve the problem, but I am pretty sure it does and I am happy! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom