Testing of 1.2.3 - final phase (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The product vesion is still marked as 1.2.2, this causes that 4TR fails to install.
    Can someone fix this?

Glenn

That's why I will not test installer on my standard installation, it must be FTR free, as a core file is changed so cannot represent a real test of the whole programs integrity.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    The product vesion is still marked as 1.2.2, this causes that 4TR fails to install.
    Can someone fix this?

Glenn

That's why I will not test installer on my standard installation, it must be FTR free, as a core file is changed so cannot represent a real test of the whole programs integrity.

Won't test our installer, or the FTR one?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    As I said it must be FTR free, so not installed, otherwise what is the point of testing and configuring from scratch :)

glenn 1990

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Can someone fix this?

Glenn

Won't test our installer, or the FTR one?

I only did it on my dev PC,because there where some reports on the 4TR forum.
    And it's not needed to do a complete reinstall, it's possible to change the version number from tvplugin.dll without recompiling.
    Or you can remove the tvplugin.dll but then you won't find the tv setting section in the config.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Now try to uninstall the MySQL server again and delete every folder related to it (ProgrammData\MySQK, ProgramFiles\MySQL and maybe inside Users\Appdata or User\Application data.

That did the trick,

Thanx.

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have many problems wth pixelations (maybe misspelled) and one time total picture freeze until channel change. Not all channels so far, but happens on both SD and HD channels. This was never an issue with 1.2.2

TV source IP streams. I am using "DVB-IP MediaPortal IPTV Source Filter" by "georgius" and UDP connections.

Attached 2 zipped logs. One with the tsreader.ax that comes with this version of MP and one with version 50 of Owlsroost tsreader.

I have tried to downgrade ATI driver from 12.3 to 12.1, but did not make any difference.

I think it is really strange if I am the only one with this problem when using this "test" version.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I have many problems wth pixelations (maybe misspelled) and one time total picture freeze until channel change. Not all channels so far, but happens on both SD and HD channels. This was never an issue with 1.2.2

TV source IP streams. I am using "DVB-IP MediaPortal IPTV Source Filter" by "georgius" and UDP connections.

Attached 2 zipped logs. One with the tsreader.ax that comes with this version of MP and one with version 50 of Owlsroost tsreader.

I have tried to downgrade ATI driver from 12.3 to 12.1, but did not make any difference.

I think it is really strange if I am the only one with this problem when using this "test" version.

You have provided the logs from version 50 of Owlsroot's TsReader, but you don't say what actually happens.

Have you tried replacing the TsReader.ax from 1.2.3 with that from 1.2.2, and does that fix the problem? That would be a much better comparison, since it will allow us to isolate the problem to a single file and a small number of 'fixes'.

Mark

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Could you provide me with that version of tsreader from 1.2.2?

Well what happens is micro "freezes" in live tv not all the time, but I did never see it before the upgrade. Most of the time when the picture is bad then there are also problem with sound. Maybe dropped frames?

Update: Activated the graphic details I don´t know the exact word, but I activate by pressing "Shift+1" and there are dropped frames everytime there is a problem. So far I have seen 1-3 dropped frames everytime there is a problem.

I am using SAF 6 newest version and only LAV codecs.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I can't easily provide you with the 1.2.2 TsReader. Does the v50 Owlsroost one work fine?

For all we know, it could be that your ISP is having a bad day, and that data is a little slower. We really need the side-by-side comparisons if we are to determine whether there is a bug here or not.

Do you have any other sort of TV? Does it work fine?

Mark

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom