Testing of 1.2.3 - final phase (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi everyone,

Here is a new build of 1.2.3.

This installer should update your existing install correctly (including the previous test builds, which report as 1.2.0).

http://s282962534.online.de/MediaPo...cfdc213 for TESTING ONLY_2012-04-09-10-11.exe

Please test and report back with any problems.

Basically we need to be sure that issues marked as fixed in 1.2.3 in mantis

http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/roadmap_page.php

for project MediaPortal and TV-Server actually are fixed, and that in no area is this version worse than 1.2.2.

The only issue open is a few EPG grabbers. As long as no problems are found, this will become 1.2.3 (when the grabbers are included) so if you don't need those grabbers, you won't need to update again.

Thanks,

Mark

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    In my case the installation was slower than usual (upgrading from beta). Prior installation I stopped the TVServer.

After the installation I found out that TVServer has its start set on "manual" instead of automatic. Please check with the setup. Now testing the rest.

driver140771

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Installation works without errors (upgrading from 1.2.2) (y)
    I watched TV with this version and all works great (y) The channel-switch-time is now like the DVBViewer channel-switch-time (y)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

We are aware of some issues in the logs where plugins have version 1.2.2.112, rather than 1.2.3.112 (the 112 is the build number).

The final release will be 1.2.3.0, and all logging is correct. I don't want to provide a link to that installer here, because it will look as though logs from it are from the official release, which will be confusing to the developers.

In principle if you want to update from 1.2.3.112 (this build) to the final 1.2.3, you will need to do a clean install. However, there is a workaround for this, posted in one of the other threads, should anyone want to help with testing now and then need to do an update. PM me when 1.2.3 is released if you need help.

Please be aware that in principle, the installer in this thread will update any version, including the other builds in area 51. In practise, some of these builds have different settings, and you may then run into compatibility issues, so if you find a problem and you have updated from one of the builds with extra features (skin engine or videos enhancements for example) please do a clean install before reporting problems.

Thanks,

Mark

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I upgraded 1.2.2 with this version and haven't seen any problems so far (watched tv, movies, listened to music and used a lot of other plugins).

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Just updated from 1.2.2 channel changes seem faster was there any changes regarding that? Live tv works, teletext pages working.

Earlier I have had many crashes when changing betweeen live tv and the old teletext pages to read news. Now just experienced a new problem when changing from teletext to "recordings" then there were only grey background, but nothing else. Restarting MP and tried switching between teletext and "recordings" now no problem.

Elliottmc I might need your help with the workaround instead of clean install when the final 1.2.3 is released.

Thank you all for the great MP development!!!!! I´ll donate some $ tonight!

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Earlier I have had many crashes when changing betweeen live tv and the old teletext pages to read news. Now just experienced a new problem when changing from teletext to "recordings" then there were only grey background, but nothing else. Restarting MP and tried switching between teletext and "recordings" now no problem.

Can you describe the problem in detail, and provide logs? I guess a grey background is better than a crash, so this does sound like an improvement, although not enough of one. Or does this actually work with 1.2.2?

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    No sorry if I can provocate it again I will do more testing and provide logs. I don´t know if the change from teletext to "recordings" dit work in 1.2.2 not much help sorry.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    channel changes seem faster was there any changes regarding that?

There have been several changes in the TV area (specifically to TsReader.ax) to fix various 'black screen at start' bugs, which may have made a difference to the channel change delay (especially for client/server systems).

Tony

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After the update Mediaportalk 1.2.2 with this Build 1.2.3 I get this error:

Attachments

• Unbenannt.png
      Unbenannt.png
      43.4 KB
    Status