The official (unofficial) moaning about the delay for 0.8 release thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
You can subscribe to the projects downloads section: Downloads for project moving-pictures on Google Code

Do you mean only by RSS ? I don't use that, it would be nice to get an email from Google Code or similar ?

I have never used it but this is the first site that popped up when I Googled "RSS to Email". We don't have an official announcements mailing list right now, but we also generally post notices about major new releases on the official Google Group for the project. So that is another option.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    I'm pretty sure when this baby hits, you'll hear the trumpets for miles and miles!
    :)
    Looking forward to it...

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Soo, I know this question has been asked many times, but any idea on an ETA? It has been quite some time now with no updates whatsoever and it should have been released by now. How's it going?

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    You speak blasphemy!!
    Expect to be relentlessly flamed from upon high...
    Someone's going to take this the wrong way no doubt :rolleyes:

Nice to know I'm not the only one though, it's been AGES since there was an update and there are some funky features I'd love too!

#The natives grow restless...#

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Nice to know I'm not the only one though, it's been AGES since there was an update and there are some funky features I'd love too!

You're most certainly not the only one... ;)

However judging by the number of open issues and the small number of commits lately it seems that it'll still be a while until 0.8. :(

TheWho

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    446 Defect NeedsVerification High
    563 Defect NeedsVerification Medium
    527 Defect NeedsVerification Medium
    394 Enhancement NeedsVerification Medium
    401 Enhancement NeedsVerification Low
    490 Defect NeedsVerification Medium
    491 Defect NeedsVerification High
    472 Defect NeedsVerification Medium
    415 Maintainability NeedsReview Medium

this is what needs to be cleared before the release.

i know they are doing great work and we'll just have to wait.

*fast forward about 5 seconds* I DON'T WANT TO WAIT ANY LONGER!!!!!!

ridderdk

Portal Member
    May 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Not correct

I think all 15 issues are not completed yet, nothing has changed in weeks.

554 Enhancement Accepted Critical 2 0.8.0 conrad.john Check for .NET 3.5 & MP 1.0.1 in Installer
    467 Patch Accepted High 7 0.8.0 apondman PATCH: Display Sort Direction as a image in Sort Menu
    487 Defect Accepted High 4 0.8.0 ---- Missing translations in skin
    508 Defect Accepted Medium 4 0.8.0 ---- Score bug in current build
    501 Defect Accepted Medium 3 0.8.0 conrad.john when run the installation program get an error about skin directory
    502 Other Accepted Medium 3 0.8.0 conrad.john Updated danish translation for Installer
    415 Maintainability NeedsReview Medium 3 0.8.0 apondman Refactor playback code into it's own class
    446 Defect NeedsVerification High 7 0.8.0 apondman Locked files should not enter the importer
    491 Defect NeedsVerification High 3 0.8.0 apondman Retrieving media information from dvd takes too much time
    394 Enhancement NeedsVerification Medium 5 0.8.0 apondman Support multiple alphabet layouts for remote control filter Usability
    472 Defect NeedsVerification Medium 4 0.8.0 apondman Movies duplicated after network drive reconnect
    490 Defect NeedsVerification Medium 3 0.8.0 apondman Infinite prompt loop when merging DVDs
    527 Defect NeedsVerification Medium 3 0.8.0 apondman Multi-part pattern sometimes failing
    401 Enhancement NeedsVerification Low 12 0.8.0 apondman Support Refresh Rate Changes with External bluray Playback

CSV 1 - 14 of 14

TheWho

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    ridderdk but the once i show are all but "Accepted" i did a better checkup and found out that the completed state is called "FixedCompleted"

DAMN IT!!!!!

i well... i know that moving pictures team is doing all they can to get it done for a future release it will happen when it happens :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread