The second update of MediaPortal iViewer (1 Viewer)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Just tried reinstalling and upgrading works for me although it was faster before. What kind of download speed do you have?

KlausWirn

Portal Pro
    November 18, 2010
    Update works fine.
    Location Germany.

One question:
    did you fixed the symbols showing per movie?
    My iviewer shows everywhere the same,
    720p 16:9
    2.0 Audio

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    We added several more media info symbols and fixed some issues there. The symbols you are referring to change fine for me.

Most of this matching from mediainfo to actual used graphics file is logged. Can you turn on logging in settings and check what's written to log after selecting a few movies.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes, iPad should not go to sleep during update. So either disable sleep or poke on it so it do not sleep while updating.

But I also changed to Dropbox instead of own webserver. That could have helped.

@The_Stig You noticed the settings with switching Play/Stream button. I think you were one that requested this feature.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    @The_Stig You noticed the settings with switching Play/Stream button. I think you were one that requested this feature.
    Yes, this was me. I didn't have time to check anything in depth, but will do. First impression is very nice, maybe this is my imagination, but streaming works way more faster than before...

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I don't think I have changed anything regarding streaming that could make it start faster. But I have done changes there so who knows. The main noticable difference now is that the duration slider now moves when media is streaming.

Under the hood many changes were done in order to support Emby as backend. Movies works in dev. and time for starting streaming from Emby server is more or less the same as from MPExtended. Not sure that we ever will finish the Emby integration since the MediaPortal plugin for Emby has been abandoned.

MP_user123456

May 13, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    I've got the same problem with updating to the latest version:
    "Download failed. Failed downloading GUI file....MPiV.gui.zip"

Is there a solution? My iOS-version : 9.31

Thanks a lot in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom