The unofficial Comhem Sweden thread (2 Viewers)

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Here's a new transponder file for Com Hem Göteborg which adds support for History Channel HD (free for one month :))

erik_g

May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi there...

I have an idea about make a list of good DVB-C cards... It's hard to find recommendations so we can help other with a list

The one I use is "TerraTec Cinergy HTC USB XS HD", it works nice but maybe a little bit slow when I change channel. Is anyone have a card that is really fast with channel change?

snorredick

Portal Member
    May 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    hey, am i the only one getting problems with comhem stockholm and firedtv? i cant find any channels at all when i scan, im not sure if im on the right frequency but i did follow the wiki guide without results, ive tryed pretty much everything now, is there a log on why it finds nothing? if so wich one?

regards snorre

edit; when i search manualy for;
    TVE3: You can manually scan the following frequency to find all transponders: Frequency: 786000 Symbol Rate: 6875 Modulation: 256QAM
    it still returns no transponders found.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I'm not using Comhem, but have problem myself. Just where do I put the .dvbc-file? OP sais "Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Tuningparameters" Is this c:\program files or c:\programdata?

c:\prpgramdata\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server has a TuningParameters folder, but inside there all I can find is bunch of folders (dvbc, dvbt and so on) And these only contain xml files not dvbc files.

Froad

Portal Member
    January 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Choice of digital TV-card

Hi,

The analog TV-net is shuting down in my building and I therefore need to go digital. I have ComHem as provider and now need to know whitch TV-card to get to be able to continue using MediaPortal.

I guess the given choice would have been FireDTV/FloppyDTV but this does not seem to be an option anymore.
    My requirements:

1. To be able to watch and record scrambeld channels with CI and card from ComHem
    2. The reciever would preferably be exteranal (USB)
    3 If possible to be able to watch HD content

I have been looking at TerraTec H7 (TerraTec - Products - TV - Hybrid (Multi-Standard) - TerraTec): Does anyone have experience with this product? Are there any reasons to belive that this will work/not work with ComHem?

All suggestions are most welcome!

snorredick

Portal Member
    May 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    you wont be able to watch hdtv through comhem except SVT HD with any card due to comhem. they pair the hd cards to the hd box they provide.

Froad

Portal Member
    January 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    OK, thanks for the info but apart from ComHem's bad policy on HD content, does anybody know if this device (Terratec Cinergy H7) works well with MP and ComHem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom