[Theme] Round Covers HD/DiscArt/ClearArt/ClearLogo/Artist Info (V3.2 10.09.14) (2 Viewers)

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey...i finished my mod of the emulators2 skin files. Some screenshots are attached to this post. As template i used the fanart view of moving pictures/ tv series. Just let me know if you find an issue or if you think that i should change something for a better look.

I only tested it with DVD Covers and N64 cartridge so please give me some feedback if you have problems with other cover aspect ratios. The different aspect ratios of the emulators/ games causes some problem because i cant differ between them and i have to use the same skinfile for every type. Would be better if someone knows a method to use different layouts for the differnt covers in depency on the aspect ratio. Is there any possibility to do that? I just have limited skinning skills (first time i modded some skin files :) ) but maybe some skilled skin dev knows a possibility?
    In addition, i cant use the video_frame_thumb_focus.png overlay for every cover. For covers with the normal DVD covers it looks fine, like in the other plugins (moving pictures, tv series...) but for cartridges (N64) its not usable because this image always have the DVD cover aspect ratio and a fixed size. The covers with other spect ratios than DVD (0.7) also dont have real rounded corners, because the mask file is made for dvd covers. I dont know how to solve that without beeing able to use different views for N64, DVD, CD/GameBoy...covers.

Installation: unzip the file and copy the files to /../MediaPortal/Skin/StreamedMP/Themes/RoundCovers/

coverflow.png emulator_listview.png filmstrip_view.png games_listview.png large_thumbview.pngn64_bigthumbview.png n64_detailsview.png n64_listview.png small_thumbview.png

EDIT 25.11.2012: I found out that i forgot to include a image file is modified for me mod. I updated the zip file so please download it and copy the image to the media folder inside the RoundCovers theme folder

Attachments

• Emulators 2 Mod - RoundCovers_fixed.zip
      60.2 KB
    Last edited:

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Nice one legnod

If you give me the dimensions of the N64 covers and any other game covers that are of a different aspect I can make a mask file and a glass overlay in the correct aspect ratio so the corners don't look odd.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That would be great, but i think that this is not enough to get that working! I only can specify one file that is used every time for every cover. I need a way to adjust the used mask/overlay file to the aspect ratio of the covers which will be shown. :-/

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    Ah ok yes, not sure on that, I had the same problem with video images in mvcentral with 4:3 and 16:9 screenshots, I just stretch the 4:3 images to 16:9, as the images are pretty small it isn't really noticeable but that will not work in this case as the big stretch will look odd.

It's also the reason i've not got around to doing rounded covers for Mypictures yet as I know I will have the same issue there.

I will take a look at some other skins and see how they have tackled the issue

Last edited:

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi.

I tried this mod and it look great! I only saw one problem. When I play some music and I skip a track, the information of the track doesn't get updated. It will stay the first track.

Anyone else having this problem?

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    Will have a look, been meaning to release an update but been having trouble with my MP install so I've just finished a wipe and reinstall tonight so will get back on this.

What particular screen is this happening?
    now playing screen? playlist or all?

quixote23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Vancouver
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Not sure if this has been solved in the latest update, though I'm pretty sure I've tried installing the release posted on 10/10...

This mod works great everywhere but in MyMusic... For some reason, the rounded glass overlay is taller than the album cover images, which are aligned to the bottom of the overlay image. Not sure if this is a simple xml edit fix or not, or why it's happening in the first place... suggestions?

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    Not sure if this has been solved in the latest update, though I'm pretty sure I've tried installing the release posted on 10/10...

This mod works great everywhere but in MyMusic... For some reason, the rounded glass overlay is taller than the album cover images, which are aligned to the bottom of the overlay image. Not sure if this is a simple xml edit fix or not, or why it's happening in the first place... suggestions?
    Which music page? could you post a screen shot?

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Will have a look, been meaning to release an update but been having trouble with my MP install so I've just finished a wipe and reinstall tonight so will get back on this.

It happens on the now playing screen. I didn't test the other screens. When I have the time I will test the others.

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country

It happens on the now playing screen. I didn't test the other screens. When I have the time I will test the others.
    Just checked the now playing screen and it's all ok on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom