[THEME] StreamedMP HD + MODs as well as SVN StreamedMP HD (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    How do you feel about creating the Theme without your MODs, the name suggest's that this just a HD version of StreamedMP?

ltfearme, can do, not a problem.

Here is a link for the StreamedMP HD theme without any MOD. Can you please give it a try.

Thanks

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi m3rcury,

A few things, the BasicHome and MovingPictures screens were very different. I think there were still things carried across from your Mods.

I think the best approach would be is on a clean install (ie. no previous user configuration file) use all default settings from the Installer and default settings for the included BasicHome. (alternatively just pull straight from svn), then use your tool to convert the XMLs, sure there will be little tweaks and adjustments to make but it would be a good start.

Cheers

Last edited:

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hi m3rcury,

A few things, the BasicHome and MovingPictures screens were very different. I think there were still things carried across from your Mods.

I think the best approach would be is on a clean install (ie. no previous user configuration file) use all default settings from the Installer and default settings for the included BasicHome. (alternatively just pull straight from svn), then use your tool to convert the XMLs, sure there will be little tweaks and adjustments to make but it would be a good start.

Cheers

ltfearme, thanks. Will take that approach.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    This is an HD version of the StreamedMP skin taken directly from svn. You can download from here.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks I will take a look soon.

One thing I will need to work on to make Themes work better in StreamedMP is use conditional includes for the various StreamedMP configurations like TVSeries/MovPics Default/Fanart style, Thumbnail Mods etc. They worked fine in MP 1.2 but now with themes and skin support I can remove the plugin code and handle it natively in the skin.

Also will need to detect the theme in BasicHome editor (probably with option to disable incase its totally incompatible) so themed BasicHome can be changed. There is also the opportunity to further modularize BasicHome so not all code is in one massive file which again will help out theme wise.

Anyway, there is a lot on my backlog but will do bits here and there ;)

Last edited:

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Thanks I will take a look soon.

One thing I will need to work on to make Themes work better in StreamedMP is use conditional includes for the various StreamedMP configurations like TVSeries/MovPics Default/Fanart style, Thumbnail Mods etc. They worked fine in MP 1.2 but now with themes and skin support I can remove the plugin code and handle it natively in the skin.

Also will need to detect the theme in BasicHome editor (probably with option to disable incase its totally incompatible) so themed BasicHome can be changed. There is also the opportunity to further modularize BasicHome so not all code is in one massive file which again will help out theme wise.

Anyway, there is a lot on my backlog but will do bits here and there ;)

ltfearme, I would like to thank you for all your wonderful valuable work and obviously precious time you and the team invest in the skin. From the little I do, I know how time consuming this is! For this HD theme, I just ran my utility on the svn XMLs to convert all sizes and coordinates to HD, so obviously am not taking any credit. If you want, you can take the HD theme over and incorporate in the original skin, maybe give an option on the install whether to install the 1280x720 or the 1920x1080 versions. You keep only one version of the XMLs and once you install, just execute the utility to convert. If you agree, I can upload the code for the utility for you to eventually review/incorporate in the install process.

Regards

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey m3rcury,

Looks much better now (y) , they're few minor issues with vertical alignment in the topbar title extensions but that is very minor. There is a skin hack for TVSeries SkinSettings that needs adjusting so that the watched/unwatched values are evenly spaced. Maybe more but there the usual culprits I look at when dealing with 1280->1080.

One biggish issue I noticed was the PinIcons, they didnt seem to scale up both in size and position. I noticed them particularly in the Trakt Dashboard as seen in image below. Perhaps that is just something missed from your tool or worse a MediaPortal issue.

I think its a real possibility that we switch to 1080p resolution, I would rather just do a full switch then support both. I will speak to you again about that when I got some time, juggling quite a bit at the moment.

Anyway, thanks for creating the tool and also converting StreamedMP svn, it has surely helped us an others with skin design.

One more thing, is there any performance increase/decrease ? Do you notice any difference personally, maybe im just getting old but was kinda the same unscaled by MediaPortal compared to native 1080p. Maybe just need to better design the skin for that resolution perhaps?

Attachments

• 720.jpg
      720.jpg
      180 KB
    • 1080.jpg
      1080.jpg
      304.1 KB

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    One biggish issue I noticed was the PinIcons, they didnt seem to scale up both in size and position. I noticed them particularly in the Trakt Dashboard as seen in image below. Perhaps that is just something missed from your tool or worse a MediaPortal issue.

ltfearme, my fault :p didn't cater for those tags. Will fix the utility and upload a new version of the utility and the HD theme.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    To correct an error reported by ltfearme, a new version has been released for the StreamedMP HD theme for XMLs taken from svn. This can be downloaded from here.

Also the MODed StreamedMP HD theme has been updated as well and can be downloaded from post #1.

Utility to convert skin to HD has also been updated and can be downloaded from here.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    We're getting closer m3rcury :cool:

Checkmark icons dont look like they're scaled and after the PinIcon fix it looks like the label2 touches the icon, is that something you can address or will that have to be put on the checklist of manual adjustments for post 1080p conversion?

Attachments

• 11-25-34.jpg
      11-25-34.jpg
      303.5 KB
    • 720.jpg
      720.jpg
      93.2 KB
    • 1080.jpg
      1080.jpg
      165.9 KB
    Last edited:
    Status