Things to do with the new TV engine (2 Viewers)

hotspot

August 9, 2006
Portugal
There has already been a large discussion about this.
MediaPortal WONT support softcams. If you want to view encrypted channels, then get a DVB-S card with a CI slot and a smartcard.
(Or use progdvb)

OK, trully acceptable

There is no need to manually add dvb-s channels.
You can simply scan one or more transponders and MP will auto-find all the channels

How can i do that? Scan just 1 Transporder. Sorry can't find the option.

Zapping here takes 1-2 seconds.

Can be a misconfiguration. I'll reinstall mediaportal.

Mediaportal is opensource and skinnable, if you want this, simply edit the skin file and change the fontsize

Problem solved...

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
frodo said:
This took some more time then expected since we decided to write our own mpeg-2 demultiplexer & multiplexer directshow filter. That way the server does not depend anymore on any external filters or codecs (like microsofts or any others) This is a big advantage since now we're in full control and thus add any stuff we like, or fix any bug we find.d

Does this mean no more reliance on the dual tuner patch, etc? This would be great, as this causes a lot of problems with people and the solution is not immediately obvious. Perhaps I have misunderstood what you mean by no external reliance on filter and codecs (though I hope not).

Thanks for the good work.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    jawbroken said:
    Does this mean no more reliance on the dual tuner patch, etc?
    the reason why 2 or more bda cards wont work with WindowsXP is because of an bug that M$ has only fixed in the MCE 2005 RU2. but not in the ordinary WindowsXP (home, prof) versions.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    infinityloop said:
    the reason why 2 or more bda cards wont work with WindowsXP is because of an bug that M$ has only fixed in the MCE 2005 RU2. but not in the ordinary WindowsXP (home, prof) versions.

Yes, I am well aware of that. I was just wondering if "the server does not depend anymore on any external filters or codecs (like microsofts or any others)" included the filters you need to register as the Dual Tuner patch, which are also DirectShow filters if I understand correctly. It would be nice if the dual tuner patch could be made a thing of the past and what frodo said got my hopes up that this could soon be a reality.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Frodo, anyway you could give us a progress report on each item of the TV engine you are working on? Are you guys still on schedule for the end of Aug?

Anything at this point would be great as we eagerly await your new masterpiece!

lar282

Portal Pro
    July 11, 2004
    Question:
    When using the service, does one have to start mediaportal.exe to watch tv or can this be done in a player even if the service and the "player" is on the same machine?

//Lasse

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Question:
    When using the service, does one have to start mediaportal.exe to watch tv or can this be done in a player even if the service and the "player" is on the same machine?

//Lasse

?? mediaportal.exe will be the player you are talking about. The TVEngine will run as a service. So: Yes you will have to start mediaportal.exe, because it is the frontend. If you have both on the same system (Front- and Backend) you will have to start both on the same machine....

j1nx

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    ?? mediaportal.exe will be the player you are talking about. The TVEngine will run as a service. So: Yes you will have to start mediaportal.exe, because it is the frontend. If you have both on the same system (Front- and Backend) you will have to start both on the same machine....

Yes this is true, but if it uses rtsp isn't that TCP based on ip adress? and therefor possible to connect to the stream through WMP, like mms://127.0.0.1?

I can even remember that the communication protocol will be explained which makes it possible to create other clients like complete webbased or even other program languages (read; handling of the stream data/communication not the whole directx skin things)

Or am i wrong!

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    well if uPnP is implimented then any client that speaks that should be able to play MediaPortals video feeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom