Thumbnailer - creates automaticly thumbnails from videos and tv recordings (1 Viewer)

Do you need a plugin for creating thumbnails?

• Total voters

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Works very well here. Thanks!
    It does delay MP startup - esp. first time, though.

Anyway: Great work! If it hadn't been for the feature freeze (and the rather large file size), this should be implemented.

You should make it available in the repository.

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Works very well here. Thanks!
    It does delay MP startup - esp. first time, though.

Anyway: Great work! If it hadn't been for the feature freeze (and the rather large file size), this should be implemented.

You should make it available in the repository.

thank you Spragleknas for your feedback, i will at a checkbox for scaning the folder at start up or a button for initial scan - the plugin scans on every start the video folder for movies without thumbs ;)

have you a tip for me how to compile the tvplugin correctly or is anywhere in the wiki univers a document that hints me?

thx
    MoPhat

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    "have you a tip for me how to compile the tvplugin correctly"
    I dpn't understand what/why you are asking ... :sorry:

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    ok, if have downloaded the actuall svn... if i compile the tvplugin (without code change) all is fine, but when i use this and go to the recorded section the list is empty (?) - if i use the pre compiled version all is fine (!)

is there a tutorial how to compile this correct?

thx
    MoPhat

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    MoPhat, is there a way you can expose the thumbnailing functionality programatically? I'm thinking for TV-Series plugin, while most episodes have a handpicked episode thumbnail available from the online db, some lesser known shows don't. Could be nice to generate those automatically then. What's the perf like (sorry havent had a chance to try yet)?

Basically I just need a way to know if the user had installed your plugin, and then a way to call a method to you, something like
    Image ExtractThumbnail(string filename, int secondsInMovie, Size thumbnailSize)

Any thoughts?

vinch100

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hello MoPhat,

Nice job !

I did such a program 2 weeks ago but I wasn't able to find a way to do a quick export with ffmpeg, each of them was taking ~5 seconds so I didn't published it.

My wife asked me to resolve the problem of having a not well-formed thumb because of the size conversion (rectangle shape -> square), so I solved it by retrieving the movie size and by generating a square thumbnail with the original file cropped or with 16/9 format (see attached image), I can provide you the code if needed...

Because we store short videos, I also had to add the choice of using seconds or a percentage to choose the snapshot time... could you add this feature ?

One more thing : would it be possible to register your code on an event (if existing) raised when a new movie is added to the DB, so we wouldn't have to choose a folder to spy ?

One more time thanks for your great job !

Attachments

• Thumb.JPG
      Thumb.JPG
      32.2 KB

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi vinch100

My wife asked me to resolve the problem of having a not well-formed thumb because of the size conversion (rectangle shape -> square), so I solved it by retrieving the movie size and by generating a square thumbnail with the original file cropped or with 16/9 format (see attached image), I can provide you the code if needed...

Shure why not, this improves the plugin :p

Because we store short videos, I also had to add the choice of using seconds or a percentage to choose the snapshot time... could you add this feature ?

Why not i'l checink g this.

One more thing : would it be possible to register your code on an event (if existing) raised when a new movie is added to the DB, so we wouldn't have to choose a folder to spy ?

Why should it registered to a event, if mp has a'n event that can be registered...?

The filesystemwatcher from the .net framework does the same and performant (not so like the one in .net 1.0) and if you copy a video in the share/drive from another pc... voila the thumb are there :D

thx
    MoPhat

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    New version on post #1, it creates now folder.jpg and fixes 2 bugs in the config form.

MoPhat

TheGrayMan

January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    More request

Since everyone is makin requests, so am I :D

Love the plugg, been looking for something like this for a while, but...

I would like to be able to select more then one folder to make thumbs from.
    Got my music videos in one folder, my own master pieces in one and the kids short animations in another.

If this is possible allready just push me in the right direction and ignore this request otherwise it's a function I'd like (and the croping one too ;)

Thanx
    The Gray Man

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom