Timeshifting crashes TSWRITER.ax (1 Viewer)

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    With SVN 16531 offering NO improvement in the TSwriter crashing problem I extracted an old TSwriter.ax from build SVN 16340 and used this within the 16531 build instal.

So far I've thrown everything at it while timeshifting, multiple fast channel changes, audio track changes, subs on/of, jump back/frwd etc etc and have NO crahses.

Also of note the audio syncs instantly to the video when jumps within the timeshift file.

This little test basicly proves the TSwriter.ax builds after this have a severe problem with UK DVB-T on VISTA 32, XP, and w2k within my test group.

Can the devs have a look at what has been changed between these builds that causes such a catastrophic crash while timeshifting .

It would seem that EPG grabbing and subs make no difference to the lack of stability in later builds as there is NO problem with SVN 16340 TSwriter.ax 16/10/2007

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Could you try to find the first SVN version where the issue appears? There are plenty of changes in TsWriter code between 16340 & 16531.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    The SVN's around 16369 seem to be where the problem starts with random Tswriter crashes.

After lengthy and exstensive testing. Five different pc's. Vista32, Xp and W2k all suffer the same. Using SVN's up to latest.

TSWRITER does NOT crash while recording, TV or RADIO, does NOT crash while viewing a recording while it is being recorded, does NOT crash during EPG DVB-T grabbing (either idle or grab/record).

TSWRITER does NOT crash while timeshifting RADIO with EPG grab on or off. This i tested for two full days with multiple channel changes and long/hours of continuous on single channels.

The only time TSWRITER is crashing is when timeshifting when VIDEO is present in the DVB-T signal ie TV only.

Looking at already posted logs the crash in TSWRITER seems to occur after a PCR .

Is there a debug version of TSWRITER that can give more log details espeacialy with respect to PCR events so that this realy annoing BUG can be quashed.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    This is still such a problem for any of my installations that TIMESHIFTING is all but useless for me.

I prefer instead for stability reasons to use the EPG to set a LIVE channel/program recording and then watch the recording as live, this is 100% stable and have watched 100's of hours this way; if i try to use the TIMESHIFTING i'm lucky to get a few seconds/minutes before TSWRITER.ax crashes and DW20.exe then gathers logs.

For testing purposes I have the TVSERVICE set to restart on crash after 3mins, this allows the dw20.exe enough time to complete and free-up all resources. This saves any hassle of manulal intervention of stop/starting MP and the TVSERVICE.

I am still absolutly baffled why the TSWRITER is completely stable while recording and completly unstable while timeshifting!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom