Tools and other software tinyMediaManager - The Media Manager for MediaPortal (Win/Mac/Linux) (6 Viewers)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    maybe a stupid question, but what is the idea behind storing episodes from one TV show on different volumes?
    Hi @mlaggner

It is simple, if there isn't free space on HD, i have to continue on the next HD. I do it so since years with the TV-Series Plugin and it is working fine!

Best regards
    Helios

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    It's really high time for tagging. In MediaPortal 2 you can spread your Series all over the world (with cloud and / or FTP drives ;) ) and as long as you've properly tagged your files all is imported as it should.

But for local files, I always keep a series together on one HDD. If I'm running out of space I move complete series around. Takes a bit longer but keeps collection clean. I'm collecting all directories with Junctions in a single "Series" directory so I can access all series at one place. And MP didn't even notice I moved the series around.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

Hi.
    It's really high time for tagging. In MediaPortal 2 you can spread your Series all over the world (with cloud and / or FTP drives ;) ) and as long as you've properly tagged your files all is imported as it should.

It is possible in MP1 with TV-Series Plugin too.

But for local files, I always keep a series together on one HDD. If I'm running out of space I move complete series around. Takes a bit longer but keeps collection clean. I'm collecting all directories with Junctions in a single "Series" directory so I can access all series at one place. And MP didn't even notice I moved the series around.

It is one solution, but IMO not the only one. If i follow the naming specifications for filenames and directories, it should also work!

Best rergards
    Helios

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is possible in MP1 with TV-Series Plugin too.
    Yea, you're right. But there you need to follow a strict folder/filename structure. With tags the files could have any name and/or path as long as the Tool can handle tags. Tags are common in Music since ages and should (must imho) become common in Video also asap. My 16.000++ Series Episodes are tagged completely since half a year. That's why I'm not using tMM for series atm. Right now I'm tagging all my Movies with the help of tMM. When this is finished I'm thinking about tagging Music Videos and other stuff like that. But that will be a future thing to do.

It is one solution, but IMO not the only one.
    OFC. But this way it's easy to keep an eye on my series.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Jepp, but back to topic. I think tMM should support this feature (storing in different places)!

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

TMM doesn't seem very fond of 720p:

upload_2013-11-3_17-32-9.png

It's possible to resize the window, but...

upload_2013-11-3_17-33-4.png

...there's no scrollbar.

//W

mlaggner

Portal Pro
    September 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    which resolution do you exactly have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom