Tools and other software tinyMediaManager - The Media Manager for MediaPortal (Win/Mac/Linux) (2 Viewers)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yes I know sometimes the list is long, but I think you will run into more trouble trying to figure out which ones to grab than just grabbing them all. It's a lot less than actors ;) But if you do want to limit them, I would only grab Exec Producer and Producer.

In any case, it was just a question/suggestion and I won't blame you if you don't do it. ;)

mlaggner

Portal Pro
    September 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    in this case I would have to store a list rather than a string? I am unsure where I can put that in the UI..

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    What do you do when there are multiple Writers? Sometimes quite a few are listed, for screenplay, novel etc. You probably need another Tab for Crew and move Director(s) and Writer(s) there as well. Then you would have space for a two line/wrap around field, or a table as you prefer. That would also enable more actors to display on the Cast tab ;). I guess how you do it may depend if you plan to make 'persons' searchable in future and how you indicate separate occurrences, or just use free text search.

mlaggner

Portal Pro
    September 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    writers and directors are comma separated at the moment (because most of the time there is only one)

btw: persons (actors) are already searchable :p

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    True for Directors, but more than half my current ~1200 movies have more than one Writer. But you often have to scrape IMDb full cast/crew sub page to get them all, or grab 'job' from TMDb API credits. Personally I think comma separated is fine. If you want to include their job/role (e.g. screenplay vs novel etc), you could just display the 'role' in brackets like IMDb does.

Search using the search box at the top only searches titles for me. Do you mean using the filter options? Yes I can filter by cast (which includes directors/writers) (y) Sorry I forgot about that - I'm still 'new' to TMM ;)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just started to try this programm, and it is impressive.

But I have a question. Can I download subtitles with this tool? I didn't see the option, only on the main screen I can see if it has subtitles or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom