Tools and other software tinyMediaManager - The Media Manager for MediaPortal (Win/Mac/Linux) (3 Viewers)

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
June 18, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
Is there a way to setup tinyMediaManager to poll a watched folder and automatically rename all TV Shows or Movies? I am currently using Filebot in this manner but it seems that its corrupting my files for some reason or another. This looks like a viable solution perhaps.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'd like to report something, that is disturbing me since long time.
    When tragging movies with tMM the genre languages are often mixed. I set everything to English, but regardless to that see often German genre names. For some movies I see a mixture of German and English genres at the same time.
    I'm currently working on Genre logos for MP2 and the mixture of languages is disturbing the new feature a lot.

First of all, is this problem known or do you need some examples and screenshots of my settings? Secondly, I hope of course, that it can be solved.
    Thanks a lot for this great tool (y)

mlaggner

Portal Pro
    September 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    @smarty12345 the spoken language field inside tmm is just a "stupid" text field -> we do not have any kind of "real" language in there; it depends of the scraper which values get filled in there. E.g. one scraper could provide us en, de, it while the other sends Englisch - Deutsch - Italienisch;
    I can offer you to put the spoken language field directly to the NFO like we have it with XBMC/Kodi NFOs (there is no logic there either)

@ge2301 Well, that depends ;) We have a list of "our known" genres along with their translations. But if you use a German scraper for example which offers a German genre name which has no corresponding translation, we add this genre string as a whole new genre - this could be the cause why you get mixed genre.
    For a detailed analysis I would need an example..

mlaggner

Portal Pro
    September 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    @rspierenburg no, there is no watched folder in tmm and will probably never happen. tmm is not designed to run as a service which looks for changed data - it is designed to run as an app where you control it what to do

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301 Well, that depends ;) We have a list of "our known" genres along with their translations. But if you use a German scraper for example which offers a German genre name which has no corresponding translation, we add this genre string as a whole new genre - this could be the cause why you get mixed genre.
    For a detailed analysis I would need an example..
    Thanks for the fast feedback and sorry for my delay, I was busy with other things.

At first an overview as it looks like in MP2 with th new WMC skin. I started as mentioned to introduce support for genre images. At the moment we support only english, because the localisation is missing. It would be also very helpful to get your translation list, so I could handle it the same way :) You can directly see, that some genres are English (with image) and some are German (without image). All files (about 400 in total) were tagged with tMM (english settings).
    Unbenannt.jpg

Attached also a few examples of nfo files with mixed genre languages.
    I hope that helps to reproduce the issue. Just let me know, if you need to know more.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Genre_NFO_Examples.7z
      9.8 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We are currently discussing, that nfo support for music would be a good feature in MP2.
    Of course you can pretag mp3 files and attach covers, but this is related to tracks and not albums.
    Have you ever thought about adding music as feature to tMM? There is already a defined structure for music nfo files in kodi.
    Please check >>here<<

smarty12345

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    @smarty12345 the spoken language field inside tmm is just a "stupid" text field -> we do not have any kind of "real" language in there; it depends of the scraper which values get filled in there. E.g. one scraper could provide us en, de, it while the other sends Englisch - Deutsch - Italienisch;
    I can offer you to put the spoken language field directly to the NFO like we have it with XBMC/Kodi NFOs (there is no logic there either)

I do find the behaviour odd. As I did try the XBMC/Kodi NFO creator too and that seemed to fill langauge in the NFO as EN, IT, DE etc.. Yet in the movie info itself it listed the full langage like English, German. etc.

In regards to scraper, I tend to stick with IMDB unless the movie I have cant be found there. (which is rare)

If you can get it filling in the langage tag with the langages seperated by a | then that would be a good step forward for me.

Thanks.

mlaggner

Portal Pro
    September 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    @ge2301 thanks for the example; the genre problem its even worse than I expected :( the good point is - our parsing works :p the bad one - we write localized genre names into the NFO (depends on your UI language). This is fine for some use cases (imagine a German user likes to get German genre names printed in the media center rather than the English ones) but problematic in other cases (like your problem). The funny part is: ALL genre names are German in your case (the working ones are genre which have the same name in German/English like Thriller, Action, Horror, ...).
    I will have a look at this with Myron - dunno how fast we can provide a useful solution..
    The other topic: a music manager is already long in our mind, but we do not have enough manpower to maintain tmm for movies/TV shows, so we won't add another module..
    btw: I will prepare the translations for you

@smarty12345 yes that is a feature rather than a bug ;) if we find "parseable" language tags (ISO codes) in this string, we put that in the localized form into the tmm UI. The problem is the same as above (but a bit worse since there could be any string in that field..) - in which language should we will IF we find a parseable one? the users UI language, English or ...?

Last edited:

smarty12345

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    @smarty12345 yes that is a feature rather than a bug ;) if we find "parseable" language tags (ISO codes) in this string, we put that in the localized form into the tmm UI. The problem is the same as above (but a bit worse since there could be any string in that field..) - in which language should we will IF we find a parseable one? the users UI language, English or ...?

Ah, I see. that makes sense,, It does apear to work very well. In all the movies I have used it on I believe its always picked up the langages Im concerned about.
    So however you do that, it seems to work just fine. I would just need that "localised" form like English|French etc filled into the nfo.
    In regards what langauge, I would suggest the UI langage. then if I were using English, i would expect the tag to say French, instead of Francais for a French ilm.
    Or vice versa.
    (assuming thats what you mean and I understand correctly)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom