1.4.x Titan - Pulse8 Theme (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Gary, first of all thnak you for the detailed answer, much appreciated!

If you want hover backgrounds it might be as simple as changing the backgrounds in the Skin settings to 'Default' if it is currently set to FanArt. [...] But I believe that FanArt handler is broken in 1.6 until it gets re compiled.
    The FH beta version from Sebastii works fine. Regarding backgrounds I believe there is a misunderstanding as everything with Aqua is working fine on PC1 but on PC2 just the TV has no effects. Nothing related to your skin mod, I am "suffering" of this since MePo 1.4 and never took the time to correct it. I will probably need to remove Titan completely from that installation and restart from scratch.

As for the Moving Pictures menu, it would be a fairly simple job to move this to the right
    Things should make sense and be reasonably possible. Don't act upon frequent requests from a single person please. If other plugins rquire opening dialogues to the left, then so be it.

As for the Moving view being misaligned, I can only assume that in a newest version of Moving Pictures there has been some update to the layout of that view. To test it you could try deleting the 4 'movingpictures.xxxx.xml' files from the Pulse 8 Aqua directory and test how it looks, this will revert to using the default Titan xml files for this view and should be correct.
    Patient HTPC being blocked right now. Since it works with the standard Titan theme it might indeed be due to what you explain. However, I am wondering if I can really be the only one having spot this.

If it is still misaligned after removing the files then I could only guess that something is wrong with your MovingPictures Installation
    Let me check - might take some time though as tomorrow I am back to the office with much less free time left for MediaPortal.

Thanks,
    HTPC_Sourcer

GaryMartynUK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2012
    Portsmouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I *love* this theme (the Aqua one). I do have a couple quick questions:

- Can I get a copy of the "TV" icon on the main screen without the Freeview Sat logos on it? I'd like to put my providers logos on top of it, and realy like the background in use on that icon.

- When Highlighting Music, and Videos, I see fanart, as expected, but when highlighting the TV icon, just shows the random living room backgroun - no fanart. Any idea what I need to enable to make it show fanart based on my daily TV recordings? I have a feeling this has nothing to do with the skin, just my implementation of MediaPortal and plugins :)

Thank you!

Hi CanadianEh. I'm afraid the image I used on the that button came with the Freeview and Freesat logos already on it, so I don't have a copy of the background without the providers on it. I've not seen it without them on the net anywhere. Sorry.

As for the fanart. There is unfortunately no functionality in the FanArt handler plug in to download fanart for recorded TV. I would love it if there was and hope that maybe it will be implemented in the future. However what I did was manually downloaded some backdrops for the TV shows I record all the time and placed them in the FanArt TV folder. C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Skin FanArt\UserDef\tv

Any image you place in there will be used a random backdrop on the TV section. I also deleted the default ones so I only get TV backdrops. A great place to get backdrops is www.thetvdb.com. But google is also a good source.

CanadianEh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    No worries on the image. If I get an abundance of time, I'll see if I can create something similar (no promises), and if so, I'll post it here.

Also, thank you for the explanation of the lack of TV fanart - I'm glad I wasn't missing something - and I like your suggestion - I'll go ahead and download a few images to throw in there.

Thank you for the quick reply!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Gary,

Some more questions for you:

1. ClearArt etc.: is MepoTools required or will your mod also display the nice addons if DVDArt is used instead? The latter updates data automatically.
    2. Clickfinder ProgramGuide:
    - can you tell me which Titan skin files you would need in order to create a Pulse8 adaptation?
    - how can this plugin be displayed on the main home screen?
    3. TV submenu:
    - I changed the recording label text to ID 914. Suggest to add this to your next update
    - upon startup the submenu always opens with TV recordings being selected. Can tht be changed to TV (first item)

Last edited:

GaryMartynUK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2012
    Portsmouth
    Home Country
    Hello Gary,

Some more questions for you:

1. ClearArt etc.: is MepoTools required or will your mod also display the nice addons if DVDArt is used instead? The latter updates data automatically.
    2. Clickfinder ProgramGuide:
    - can you tell me which Titan skin files you would need in order to create a Pulse8 adaptation?
    - how can this plugin be displayed on the main home screen?
    3. TV submenu:
    - I changed the recording label text to ID 914. Suggest to add this to your next update
    - upon startup the submenu always opens with TV recordings being selected. Can tht be changed to TV (first item)

HTPC_Sourcer,

1) I believe you can set-up DVDArt to place files in the same locations as MepoTools in which case the skin would pick them up. There is info on the MepoTools forum pages which tell you where it stores clearArt but I've never used it myself so I am not sure of exactly how to set-it up.

That said you can run MepoTools in 'automatic' mode and it will also update ClearArt, Clear Logo and DVD art in the background. You set it up in the GUI and then you just create a link in your start-up folder to run it with the right command line tag to make it run in the background.

2) If I remember correctly ClickFinder is a German TV plugin with some nice features. If you look on page 3 of this post you should find a link from another user to the Titan skin files for Click Finder. And you can edit the BasicHome.submenus.xml to change one of the TV submenu items to Click finder. Basically where it currently says
    <control>
    <description>TV Guide</description>
    <type>button</type>
    <id>1001</id>
    <width>500</width>
    <height>32</height>
    <textureFocus>-</textureFocus>
    <textureNoFocus>-</textureNoFocus>
    <hyperlink>600</hyperlink>
    <label>600</label>

Change the Hyperlink from 600 to 165654465
    and change the label from 600 to whatever you want it to say such as <label>ClickFinder</label>

This will then change the TV Guide to clickfinder. The only issue is that ClickFinder will not be integrated into the Latest recorded TV overlay, when I last checked the Titan skin for ClickFinder there had not created an overlay which I could then adapt to fit Pulse8.

3) Thanks for that I changed it for my personal us but then realised a while ago that I had messed up the translation for other countries, so I have already changed it back for the next release. :) Thanks for pointing it out though.

tomfrogger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2006
    Trellech
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Hi, loving this theme but I have a peculiar issue in that the pulse8 'more settings' button option is missing from the gui settings screen along with the radio button options to enable 'recent moving pictures' and 'recent tv series' under the basichome heading I can only enable 'recent videos'. It may be because I use djblu's modded version of 1.5 for the sky epg. Is this a part of Titan itself or this theme? Is it possible to enable these to appear in one of the xml's? cheers

Attachments

• missing settings.png
      missing settings.png
      2.1 MB

GaryMartynUK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2012
    Portsmouth
    Home Country
    Hi, loving this theme but I have a peculiar issue in that the pulse8 'more settings' button option is missing from the gui settings screen along with the radio button options to enable 'recent moving pictures' and 'recent tv series' under the basichome heading I can only enable 'recent videos'. It may be because I use djblu's modded version of 1.5 for the sky epg. Is this a part of Titan itself or this theme? Is it possible to enable these to appear in one of the xml's? cheers

Tomfrogger,

That is very odd, the code for the screen in your screen shot is held in setting_GUI_Skin.xml which I have not modified in any of the Aqua themes, so it should be using the normal Titan one, which normally has a 'more settings' button just below the TVGuide Rows button. In MePo 1.5 the titan skin shows the button whenever you are in this screen. Are you running 1.6? I have not checked that version of Titan, but it could be that the button has been deactived if neither TV Series or Moving Pictures is installed as normally the more settings button takes you to those settings.

As a test, if you put the attached settings_GUI_Skin.xml file in your Pulse 8 theme directory it should show up. (This is just the default one from Titan installed with MEPO 1.5.)

But in short, this screen is not included in my Aqua themes, the code for this screen is included in my Cheery ones as a number of the text colours needed changing)

Attachments

• settings_GUI_Skin.xml
      10.9 KB

tomfrogger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2006
    Trellech
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Hi Gary, Many thanks, that xml brought in the more settings button & installing latest media handler plugin that was missing on this client sorted the show recent buttons.

Tom

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Gary,

I didn't have the time yet to give you an answer to your recommendations :)

In the meantime here is something else: the TVSeries banner view is missing a frame background; the legibility is reduced - see screenshot.
    14-47-18.png

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hi, I use my emulator rather than Steam, if I wanted to edit the tile how would I do that??

Even better would be to add a sub menu with MyEmulator and Mpsteam :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom