TouchControl 0.2.4.0 (update 2010-03-28) (1 Viewer)

p.h.b.e.

Portal Member
October 21, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: [Plugin] TouchControl 0.2.2.0 (update 2010-01-17)

Hi SirShagsalot,

maybe the "click on release" should be the problem, the plugin is calculating everything starting with "left-click-down" then "click-and-move" and "left-click-up".

As an example, the plugin recognizes the "tap-and-hold" functionality based on the time from click-down to click-up, when no click-up can be recognized in the specified amount of time, the plugin sends an right click, else a left click.

If "click on release" is used, there is no time from click-down to click-up, in that case all clicks send as left click and also no "mouse moved way" can be saved to recognize any gestures.

Maybe you can test it again without the "click-on-release" function and give me a feedback.
I will test a little with the click-on-release function on my touchscreen.

Thanks and best regards

p.h.b.e.

SirShagsalot

Portal Member
December 17, 2007
Planet Earth
Home Country
Re: [Plugin] TouchControl 0.2.2.0 (update 2010-01-17)

Hi,

Hi SirShagsalot,

maybe the "click on release" should be the problem, the plugin is calculating everything starting with "left-click-down" then "click-and-move" and "left-click-up".

Yup, I think that is it. Reason I use click on release is that on my fairly small touchscreen it is often hard to get the right item in menus etc, with click on release one can highlight the correct choice and then release.

I guess no easy way to make the plugin recognise a gesture followed by a click? Can't really think of any...

BTW,my touchscreen software does the context menu thing on hold, so no problems there.

I'm too fried now to try the other way, do another day.

Greez SSAL

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: TouchControl 0.2.4.0 (update 2010-03-28)

Hi,
    is this plugin still alive, i really loved it, and would like to see a 1.2 beta support?!

cheers
    joystick

crackdown

Portal Pro
    November 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Because I only need touch support and no secondary display: I just clone my display so I have full MP support on both screens.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Allright, but MPDisplay2 has support for touch and can been used to control Mediaportal.. Not good enough? :)

crackdown

Portal Pro
    November 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Allright, but MPDisplay2 has support for touch and can been used to control Mediaportal.. Not good enough? :)

No, for me that is not good enough. Mpdisplay2 maybe a fine plugin, but I need a simple touch support plugin that works even when you clone your displays. I want to control MP the same way as if its on a primary display, and not on extended display.

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: TouchControl 0.2.4.0 (update 2010-03-28)

right, and for me, I am running MP on a eeeTop (all in one PC with touchscreen) in my kitchen where gestures and touch support is really a nice feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom