Touchscreen LCD display Plugin (2 Viewers)

Nubox

Portal Member
December 25, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
You will need MP v1.0.4 or better for this plugin and im not sure about XP yet , Need more users to test

Where can I get MP v1.0.4??

Thanx
I have MP 1.1 RC2 (fresh install) on Windows XP SP3 and the plugin works without such errors as described before. So in general it's fine on XP, too.

Regards,
Neelex

Thank you, i´ll try it

Nubox

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

In MediaPortal config "General" there should be a option for "Mediaportal always on top" try disabling that first

That did the trick ;)

It's still pretty buggy (it sometimes closes MediaPortal or shows me the desktop on my touchscreen instead of the GUI and the touchscreen isn't responding properly to the presses) but i definitaly like the idea of what you're doing with it, so keep up the good work! ;)

If possible i'd like to see the 'Clone Mode' option in your plugin also (which the original plugin has also)

:D

mtjoernelund

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I was thinking the same thing but i was stuck on the decision between a sound or a popup button animation
    I'll try add popup buttons for next release this weekend

I vote for the popup as many skins have sound effects incorporated and making a sound when pushing a button on the touchscreen would just risk conflicting with these sounds.

wackid

Portal Member
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @ sa_ddam213

Maybe you can start a new thread for your plugin and ask for a sticky?? Its really worth it.

I think its getting a little confussing for new mediaportal users.

And keep us updated in thread 1 for new updates......

crackdown

Portal Pro
    November 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

In MediaPortal config "General" there should be a option for "Mediaportal always on top" try disabling that first

That did the trick ;)

It's still pretty buggy (it sometimes closes MediaPortal or shows me the desktop on my touchscreen instead of the GUI and the touchscreen isn't responding properly to the presses) but i definitaly like the idea of what you're doing with it, so keep up the good work! ;)

If possible i'd like to see the 'Clone Mode' option in your plugin also (which the original plugin has also)

+1 for the clone mode option. This clone mode in combination with the touch possibilities is a VERY extra welcome feature in case you wanna use MP with the TV off. This is now only possible in text mode.:D I thinkmirroring was used for clone mode in the original plugin, so it should be quite possible to implement.

mtjoernelund

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

That did the trick ;)

+1 for the clone mode option. This clone mode in combination with the touch possibilities is a VERY extra welcome feature in case you wanna use MP with the TV off. This is now only possible in text mode.:D I thinkmirroring was used for clone mode in the original plugin, so it should be quite possible to implement.

- 1 for the clone mode.

Sorry guys but I think this is outside the scope of this plugin. I would prefer that focus was on making a well functioning and nice UI for using MP without the tv on. This is not achieved by cloning MP to the small screen. If someone prefer to have the same UI on the small screen then a clone screen plugin should be created separate of this new plugin.

Just my two cents...

gustavson

Portal Member
    November 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: Touchscreen LCD display Plugin

Hi sa_ddam213

did update MP to V 1.1.0. Now the plugin works on XP! :D

Greetings & keep on working at this great plugin :D
    Peter

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That did the trick ;)

- 1 for the clone mode.

Sorry guys but I think this is outside the scope of this plugin. I would prefer that focus was on making a well functioning and nice UI for using MP without the tv on. This is not achieved by cloning MP to the small screen. If someone prefer to have the same UI on the small screen then a clone screen plugin should be created separate of this new plugin.

Just my two cents...

Hi All,

Unfortunately I will not be adding clone mode to this plugin, Its just my opinion that its not needed as most graphics driver software has the ability to add profiles so with the touch of a button MP will switch screens and to a different resolution, Which is a lot more stable and will consume less resources than a plugin to take a screen capture every 15ms and scale and display on the touchscreen .So you will be using at least 20-40% cpu for a function that already exists with 90% of Graphics driver software.

Cheers Sa_ddam213

Sorry Next release will be delayed till Tuesday (Due to Easter family time).

crackdown

Portal Pro
    November 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Reading your reply to the clone mode issue makes me realize you are in fact absolutely right in this matter. Its better to make a good working plugin without it. Have a happy easter, though I am looking forward to tuesday ;-)

blackEyEz

Portal Pro
    July 8, 2009
    Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for this plugin, but please work to expand this. I am thinking video information (bitrate/prograssbar) for videos (MKV/M2TS). Please make the plugin skinable i think thats the highest priority. Also which needs to be fixed is DVXA compatability. When i run a MKV without the plugin 20%, if i run MP as a window with the plugin also 20% when i run MP in fullscreen and plugin, at 90%.

But #1 is skinnability, hope you will work on this.

On skinning i very much would reccomend white on black background as a starter. Readability is #1 for my 7" its hard to read the letters on the blueish background.

edit: i reccomend this font for this plugin, http://www.1001fonts.com/fonts/win/ttf/3370/font_digital-71.zip its a digital font

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom