Touchscreen LCD display Plugin (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi thanks for a great plugin. But Im somehow little confused about where to put the files. Can the procedure be clarified please.

Regards/ Torbjörn

Page1:

Install the current Touchscreen Plugin:
    1) Extract the driver ZIP archive to your MediaPortal plugins/process directory.

And finally a plugin that helps me to get the prefered setup i like so a BiG TNX!! for that ;)

Now a few things i run into with my setup (OrigenAE S16T which has the 7" eGalax touchscreen).
    - When i start MediaPortal (StreamedMP, BasicHome) it seems the plugin gives an 'UP' command, which means everytime you start MediaPortal, the Exit menu is in focus instead of the normal menu.
    - The Navigation controls are almost hidden underneath the Music Controls, only the UP button is visible.
    - Would it be possible to remove the 300ms delay completely? When i enter 0 in the config, it always goes back to 300.
    - I can't change the fontsize of the selected font(s)

I hope someone continues to work on this plugin!

crackdown

Portal Pro
    November 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great plugin, looking very promising. Maybe you can correct some wrong spelling: Its "available" instead of "avalible"! (in the system section hdd free space available) Or simply replace it with "Free"

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Great plugin, looking very promising. Maybe you can correct some wrong spelling: Its "available" instead of "avalible"! (in the system section hdd free space available) Or simply replace it with "Free"

LOL , Good find I will fix for next release(I'm not good at spelling)

Cheers Sa_ddam213

Hi thanks for a great plugin. But Im somehow little confused about where to put the files. Can the procedure be clarified please.

Regards/ Torbjörn

Page1:

Install the current Touchscreen Plugin:
    1) Extract the driver ZIP archive to your MediaPortal plugins/process directory.

And finally a plugin that helps me to get the prefered setup i like so a BiG TNX!! for that ;)

Now a few things i run into with my setup (OrigenAE S16T which has the 7" eGalax touchscreen).
    - When i start MediaPortal (StreamedMP, BasicHome) it seems the plugin gives an 'UP' command, which means everytime you start MediaPortal, the Exit menu is in focus instead of the normal menu.
    - The Navigation controls are almost hidden underneath the Music Controls, only the UP button is visible.
    - Would it be possible to remove the 300ms delay completely? When i enter 0 in the config, it always goes back to 300.
    - I can't change the fontsize of the selected font(s)

I hope someone continues to work on this plugin!

Go to Page 41 for new plugin

What Version of MediaPortal are you running???

Cheers Sa_ddam213

Hi Sa_ddam213
    Log: MediaPortal v1.0.2.22555 is starting up on Windows XP (Service Pack 3)

greetings
    Peter

You will need MP v1.0.4 or better for this plugin and im not sure about XP yet , Need more users to test

mtjoernelund

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    One thing that I have come to think about is would it be possible to make the change of the buttons when pushed even more clear? The reason for this is that sometimes I find it hard to see if the screen has reacted to a touch. In my opinion it would be great if the button could become a little bigger and perhaps change color when pressed. Think this would increase user experience greatly.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Aahh... That indeed is totally different then the orginal 1 from the first post ;)

OK, i put the .dll in plugin/process folder and the .xml file together with MediaPortal.xml.
    I can configure the plugin (set the font and selected my HDD's??) but when i start MediaPortal i get the 'menu' on my touchscreen with the buttons (see screenshot), but nothing works. I can touch the buttons and they highlight, but they don't do anything.

When i play a song then that info shows up, but that's about all i can get on the touchscreen so i'm probably doing something wrong...

When i start MediaPortal for the first time (after putting the .dll into plugin/process directory) and select an MP3 to play --> MP closes itself.

Attachments

• touch.jpg
      touch.jpg
      37.9 KB

Nubox

Portal Member
    December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You will need MP v1.0.4 or better for this plugin and im not sure about XP yet , Need more users to test

Where can I get MP v1.0.4??

Thanx

RandyAndy

Portal Member
    May 12, 2009
    Hello,

used your plugin now for serveral days. In general the plugin is very useful and well designed.
    Unfortunatelly I habe problems using the remote control (MCE type).

Therefore I need to turn on the iMon software (latest official release) to activate the touch screen for my DH102 from Thermaltake. Turnin on the imon software everything works fine and the remote operates as it is supposed to do.

Turning on your plugin the plugin appears, but after some minutes some keays of the remote control cant be used, e.g. tle left and right button, the up and down butten. Using the return button on the remote control sometimes the above described buttons are getting reactivated. I am using an MCE compatibel IR remote control from HP in combination with the MP1.1 RC1

I tried to find a touchscreen driver (only driver) for my build in touchscreen, but I could not find appropritate drivers. So I need to use the imon software. If somboday knows drivers work in combination with the touchscreen of the DH-102 please drop an message. I do not like the iMon software at at all since it consumes ressouces without a value add. I am using Windows Vista

RandyAndy

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Aahh... That indeed is totally different then the orginal 1 from the first post ;)

OK, i put the .dll in plugin/process folder and the .xml file together with MediaPortal.xml.
    I can configure the plugin (set the font and selected my HDD's??) but when i start MediaPortal i get the 'menu' on my touchscreen with the buttons (see screenshot), but nothing works. I can touch the buttons and they highlight, but they don't do anything.

When i play a song then that info shows up, but that's about all i can get on the touchscreen so i'm probably doing something wrong...

When i start MediaPortal for the first time (after putting the .dll into plugin/process directory) and select an MP3 to play --> MP closes itself.

Hi,

In MediaPortal config "General" there should be a option for "Mediaportal always on top" try disabling that first

Hello,

used your plugin now for serveral days. In general the plugin is very useful and well designed.
    Unfortunatelly I habe problems using the remote control (MCE type).

Therefore I need to turn on the iMon software (latest official release) to activate the touch screen for my DH102 from Thermaltake. Turnin on the imon software everything works fine and the remote operates as it is supposed to do.

Turning on your plugin the plugin appears, but after some minutes some keays of the remote control cant be used, e.g. tle left and right button, the up and down butten. Using the return button on the remote control sometimes the above described buttons are getting reactivated. I am using an MCE compatibel IR remote control from HP in combination with the MP1.1 RC1

I tried to find a touchscreen driver (only driver) for my build in touchscreen, but I could not find appropritate drivers. So I need to use the imon software. If somboday knows drivers work in combination with the touchscreen of the DH-102 please drop an message. I do not like the iMon software at at all since it consumes ressouces without a value add. I am using Windows Vista

RandyAndy

Are you using Imon remote? I have the same case as you , The problem is with Imon setup, The Imon remote software has the ability to focus to your desktop this is forcing input focus to the touchscreen plugin (Which we dont want).
    Have a look in Imon Manager and disable some settings(cant remember what I done sorry)

Hi All,

Next release should be this weekend,

Had big code cleanup hopefully this will fix a lot of errors etc,

But the thread will be moved ,to save confusion over new and old version of the plugin.

Remember this plugin is only about 65% finished so bare with me.

Fell free to request anything as long as its not just specific to your setup.
    And keep the bug reports flowing in ,The more people that test and find errors the faster i'll finish

@mtjoernelund

One thing that I have come to think about is would it be possible to make the change of the buttons when pushed even more clear? The reason for this is that sometimes I find it hard to see if the screen has reacted to a touch. In my opinion it would be great if the button could become a little bigger and perhaps change color when pressed. Think this would increase user experience greatly.

I was thinking the same thing but i was stuck on the decision between a sound or a popup button animation
    I'll try add popup buttons for next release this weekend

Cheers Sa_ddam213

neelex

Portal Pro
    March 16, 2009

Where can I get MP v1.0.4??

Thanx
    I have MP 1.1 RC2 (fresh install) on Windows XP SP3 and the plugin works without such errors as described before. So in general it's fine on XP, too.

Regards,
    Neelex

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom