Touchscreen LCD display Plugin (2 Viewers)

fairchild

Portal Member
August 2, 2006
can I please have the source code, i would like to continue development on the plugin

pisassi

February 9, 2008
Can't get it to work....

I don't understand. Eveyone else seems to have got it to work...

I'm running Windows Vista 32bit on an ZALMAN HD160XT Plus (I think rev 2 or 3 - I bought it in DECEMBER 2007).

I'm running MediaPortal 0.2.3, Configured my 7" screen as a secondary display to my extended desktop and added the TouchScreen plugin.

I enabled under plug-ins the TouchScreen plugin, and the ExternalDisplay.

When I launch MediaPortal I see the external display on my touch screen but have two problems:

1/ It's larger than my screen - which is configured at 1024x768.

2/ No touch action ! I cannot seem to activate anything using finger touches.

I'm not 100% sure what type/make of device it is or what port it is running on. Nothing obvious shows up in Device Manager.

Under Plug-ins in MPConfiguration > External Display -> Configuration - What should I choose for Type and Port ??

Thanks -

DaHooka

Portal Member
August 24, 2006
For Touscreens, i got the X15e u have to configure the touchscreen as prefered screen (first screen) and then your problems should be fixed :)

pisassi

February 9, 2008
DaHooka,

Apologies - but - can you elaborate please ? What is the X15e ? is that the make of touchscreen I have in the my ZALMAN ?

Or is it a piece of software ? Sorry - not familiar with the term.

berggren

Portal Member
January 17, 2008
Varberg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
DaHooka,
Apologies - but - can you elaborate please ? What is the X15e ? is that the make of touchscreen I have in the my ZALMAN ?
Or is it a piece of software ? Sorry - not familiar with the term.
The X15e is a chassi by a company called Origaen (spelling?) so it´s not the make of your touchscreen nor a software.

pisassi

February 9, 2008
Ok. thanks I see -. Not being the same touch screen manufacturer would have a lot to do with it, which is why I mentioned what hardware I was running.

On the ZALMAN, with the touch screen as the main window (that has the task bar) and as the secondary one, I still have no touch action.

Others do have the same chassis as I do, and have got it working -

Anyone else got a (fairly) recent ZALMAN hd160XT Plus and got this working please?

dsilinski

January 25, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have a Zalman HD160Xt, not plus, and I got it working. The only thing I noticed was that I had to be a little more careful with the touchscreen. I had to hold my touch a little longer for it to work.

My.stAr

Portal Member
February 24, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
cybrmage: Thx for the nice plugin, also works with my case. (HD160XT rev.3)

Just have one problem: when the plugin is enanbled, MP is always on top. How to change this?
I need this because of another plugin "HD Player", here MP must be minimized, but it doesn't, instead it's... on top;)

Thx in advance

SChris

Portal Member
January 7, 2008
Hello,
i also use the touchscreen plugin with my zalman 160XT.
it works great, but after closing and restarting mp my touchscreen resolution changes automatically
to 600x400.
this happens only, when the touchscreen plugin is enabled

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom