Touchscreen LCD display Plugin (1 Viewer)

mascot

Portal Pro
November 20, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Got it up and running perfectly now, all buttons work as they should...

1. Can u change the size of the font displaying the text? It's very big and I would prefer to show 3-5 rows of the menues, lists of media etc because its sometimes confusion to know "were" you are.

For example when I have mediaportal set to ICONS in my music and I want to look around in a genre or artist view. When I get to the end of a row of icons/albums and continue to press >>> I get into the view-sort etc menu when what I want is to get into the next row.

I could set it to filmstrip and it would solve the problem, but best thing would be to show the icons like on main screen. ie press on artwork of an album straight on touchscreen. or for example the radio logos instead of descriptions when u use my radio or icons + text underneath like on main screen.

2. Can u enlarge the coverart? its showing very small.

3. How do u set it up for best possible way to use functions like add to playlist etc? when I press the right click circle the menu comes up very small and impossible to use unless you have a touch pen/stick.

GREAT work. I love it.

fphredd

Portal Member
December 14, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am having a problem with my Gigabyte AMD RS780 chip set board as far as setting my touchscreen to 2nd display (touch screen is VGA, 2nd screen is HDMI)...it defaults to primary and I can't change it. I also don't seem to be able to place the touch screen on the primary display - the 'Display Device' drop down is grayed out and inaccessible...

How do I get this onto the touchscreen??

Thanks!

mascot

Portal Pro
November 20, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have the same motherboard (Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H) and it works for me...

Set HDMI (main display) to your primary display. You can do it in Catalyst. Right click one of the displays in display manager and switch places so HDMI is primary (1) and VA (touchscreen) is secondary (2) + also check "use extended desktop" on touchscreen.

Also, I had some problems with my touchscreen not being "precise" when you pressed it.. chose a calibration that is very precise and set the touch offset so tight as possible, ie. not much margins outside the actual "touched" zone...

I used 25 points calibration until I got it right... (Lilliput 8" touchscreen)

also remember to set touchscreen to "click on touch" etc..

---

Now, I would love to get my touchscreen to show icons + small text instead of the huge text... + show big albumart with small text + maybe info of all songs in the folder you're playing...

please continue the work on this plugin - its great!! :)

fphredd

Portal Member
December 14, 2007
Home Country
I have the same motherboard (Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H) and it works for me...

Set HDMI (main display) to your primary display. You can do it in Catalyst. Right click one of the displays in display manager and switch places so HDMI is primary (1) and VA (touchscreen) is secondary (2) + also check "use extended desktop" on touchscreen.

please continue the work on this plugin - its great!! :)

Exactly the problem...I can't. When I right click on desktop 2, the choice 'primary' is grayed out...using driver and catalyst version 8.3 as 8.4 was not allowing me ot extend my desktop. Any ideas?? I can't imagine this is a trait of a bad board...I MUST be missing something here...HELP! (please) :confused:

:D

mascot

Portal Pro
November 20, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Have you tried doing it the other way, by "rotating" ie. changing places of display 1 and 2 in catalyst?? and "keep all settings" or what now its called ie. keep settings for each individual screen, resolution etc only change places of 1 and 2??

fphredd

Portal Member
December 14, 2007
Home Country
Mascot,

Thanks for the attempt, but if you mean just dragging 'Display 2' to the left of 'Display 1' tried that, tried again after your response, no change. If that's not what you meant to suggest, could you please try to clarify?

thnx

mascot

Portal Pro
November 20, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
If u right click one of the monitors in catalyst you should be able to "switch" the monitors so that 1 and 2 changes places with the same settings for refreshrate and resolution, thats what I did. Ill try and post a screenshot to better explain what I mean when I get home...

Now...

Can u change any of the settings in the touchscreen plugin like display icons instead of the huge text??

fphredd

Portal Member
December 14, 2007
Home Country
When I right click on the movable boxes representing display 1 and 2 , I get three choices: Enable, Primary, and Identify. Primary is grayed out and thus unclickable on Display 2. When I right click on them toward the right under the words "Desktop and Display Setup" desktop 1 shows 'Rotate' and Desktop 2 shows 'Disable'. Desktop 2 monitor picture has an 'X' through it--does that mean something and is it fixable?

Thanks again for trying...if I am indeed in the wrong spot, maybe a screen shot will help.

As to the second part, I am using the imon that came with the case (Silverstone GD-02MT) and don't see any settings like that...Usually not this ignorant, but then again, I'm a numbers type guy.......:mad:

Blizzard

January 13, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
cybrmage: Hopefully your still reading this thread.

First of all thx for this great plugin. Just installed it on my X15e with MediaPortal 1.0 RC1 and it works like a charme.

Since you seem to have stopped development on this plugin I'd like to ask if it would be possible that you publish the source code so that others could keep up the developement. I for my part would like to try to implement a special home screen (with a button for each "menu" item) and some better support for browsing the media library. So it would be really cool if you would publish the source code or if you don't want to do that send it to me: blizzard2(at)gmx(dot)de.

Thx for any reply,
Blizzard

mascot

Portal Pro
November 20, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Blizzard; Great initiative! If u get the source code please make a possibility to browse music through album artwork icons/big icons with small text below them. Same with radio channels. After all who uses their touchscreen for anything else than music archive/radio channels??

It would be great... :) Looking forward to a new version... :) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom