Trakt for MP2 (1 Viewer)

Alberto83

Portal Pro
August 7, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
Sure thing, post it and i'll try it tonight or tomorrow. Actually, it would be nice to have a setting to allow sync of movies and/or tv series in the GUI even on final version. What do you think?

I have a question tho. The episodes were shown as Watched, not as collected. Were you using CollectedAt to mark them as watched or as collected?

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Actually, it would be nice to have a setting to allow sync of movies and/or tv series in the GUI even on final version. What do you think?
    They are already split in code. I have two methods: SyncMovies and SyncSeries. It's just matter of adding a button for each sync. Or how do you would like to have it?

The episodes were shown as Watched, not as collected. Were you using CollectedAt to mark them as watched or as collected?
    For the collected episodes I was using collectedAt with the date a episode was added to the MP2 DB. For watched episodes watchedAt with the MP2 last played date. But, it dosen't matter as this dates were set to the show and not to the episode. Then every collected and watched episode had an empty date and trakt set per default the sync date to each episode.

Alberto83

Portal Pro
    August 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    They are already split in code. I have two methods: SyncMovies and SyncSeries. It's just matter of adding a button for each sync. Or how do you would like to have it?
    I think it should be under trakt settings, where you also set up notifications.
    It could be a radio button with:
    -Sync all
    -Sync TV Series Only
    -Sync Movies Only
    -Sync none (I don't know why having this, but maybe you want to pause trakt sync for a while without logging out from the plugin)
    Or any other way to do that.

For the collected episodes I was using collectedAt with the date a episode was added to the MP2 DB. For watched episodes watchedAt with the MP2 last played date. But, it dosen't matter as this dates were set to the show and not to the episode. Then every collected and watched episode had an empty date and trakt set per default the sync date to each episode.
    Ahhh, now I get it :)

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    @Alberto83
    quick update:
    - the issue within the TraktApiSharp lib regarding posting watched episodes without IDs, should be already fixed in the Trakt.NET version of this lib.

To try it out, I had to upgrade from TraktApiSharp to the alpha3 ".NET" version. But there are now few changes which the new ".NET" version introduced and I'm currently implementing it.

- the second issue is work in progress, so I suppose it should be fixed soon.

Please wait few days until I'm done with the changes and I'll post a version with at least the fixed watched episodes + the sync settings.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    @Alberto83
    attached a new version:
    - added settings to configure what will be synced (movies or series or all),
    - fixed the reported sync issues. I'm now using the new Trakt.NET lib where my reported issues with episodes without valid ids are fixed.

Please test (again, preferable with an test account) and report back. Before testing, please delete all your cache files located in the profile directory and re-authorize. Thanks!

Attachments

• Trakt_For_MP2.2_v4.7z
      766.2 KB

Alberto83

Portal Pro
    August 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    @aspik As said i'm gonna try this tonight.

I have a quick question in the meanwhile. When you say SYNC you mean Library Sync, watched flags sync or both?

Trakt allows you to sync library (what you have already collected), and watched status (what you actually have watched). You can have watched something but not collected it (like when you go to the movie), or collected it and not watched it. Does the SyncMovies and SyncSeries methods sync both?

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    When you say SYNC you mean Library Sync, watched flags sync or both?
    both.
    Does the SyncMovies and SyncSeries methods sync both?
    yes, both.

The sync logic is still the same as it was originally ported from the MP1 version and it should behave same. The MP2 version is technically different, in a way I wanted to be it ;)

If needed, I could also add options to allow the user to decide if only watched flags have to by synced or only collected series/movies. I think this could be discussed later in the public forum, after it has been released.

Alberto83

Portal Pro
    August 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    It synced perfectly and also scrobbled perfectly even in my real account.
    I'm gonna play with it a little bit in the next days, watching some tv and checking everything :)

Very good work aspic! :)
    Now, if you also plan to add more features like the calendar view and ratings... you would be a hero. :whistle:

Last edited:

Alberto83

Portal Pro
    August 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    @aspik, I watched tv series all night yesterday and I noticed an issue with scrobbling in every episode I played.

I'm sorry i didn't notice this before, but when I tried the first time I didn't enabled the scrobble notification and I just checked the trakt watched section where I scrobbled manually the previous episode of the same serie, and I thought it was all right.

Yesterday I finally enabled everything, and when it started scrobbling I kept receiving this error on notifications:
    error.png

and here are the logs attached.

Attachments

• Log.rar
      119.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom