Trakt for MP2 (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    s there still need for the transfer watched states without trakt plugin?
    Yes. This would be very handy for many other things like offline syncing with e.g. Kodi or similar tools. In a mixed environment (e.g. MP2 on the main system, Kodi on TV-Box or Raspberry on other places) this would help keeping watched states in sync without the need to use Trakt on all of those devices...
    Kodi has a db migration in-build during version changes (e.g. from 17.6 to 18) since ages but still there is an addon for backup and restore of the watched flags available. It's called "WatchedList" and I plan to use this Addon together with your new MP2 plugin to write an automatic syncing tool that uses both plugins to sync the watched states in background...

In the long term I'm dreaming of a "MediaPortal2- Addon" for Kodi to make use of the MP2 Server in Kodi, similar to Plex and Emby... But this has to be written in Python so not too much devs around here can do this, I fear. The chance that this happens is very tiny, but dreaming is allowed... The usage of a full blown Windows PC as HTPC is decreasing more and more. In the long term we need to find a way to make usage of all those tiny, cheap, silent, low power consuming devices that make great HTPC but not running Windows and for that not running MediaPortal. One way would be to port MP2 client to Android, Linux, iOS, MacOS,... something that is not very realistic to achieve. The other way would be to utilize already available stuff like Kodi that is running on every device you can think of. This way would be much less work, I'm sure. But it needs a Kodi Addon written in Python...

Alberto83

Portal Pro
    August 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    thanks, installing and testing. :)

AFAIK the server does not know anything about user management. Trakt fits very well as a client plugin because its user specific.
    That's a surprise. Are you sure? All the database watched flags and other stuffs should be server side. Also, when you enable user management on the client, it shows the same users everywhere, so there must be something server side.
    I agree the scrobble part is absolutely client side, but library management is more server side I think. It's just my 2 cents though, nothing really important.

Thanks :) The release notes should only state that trakt is now a separate plugin, just like webradio or emulators. Everything else about trakt, should go into the plugins section.
    Ok, i'll update that and we can move everything to the plugin section.

In the long term I'm dreaming of a "MediaPortal2- Addon" for Kodi to make use of the MP2 Server in Kodi, similar to Plex and Emby... But this has to be written in Python so not too much devs around here can do this, I fear. The chance that this happens is very tiny, but dreaming is allowed... The usage of a full blown Windows PC as HTPC is decreasing more and more. In the long term we need to find a way to make usage of all those tiny, cheap, silent, low power consuming devices that make great HTPC but not running Windows and for that not running MediaPortal. One way would be to port MP2 client to Android, Linux, iOS, MacOS,... something that is not very realistic to achieve. The other way would be to utilize already available stuff like Kodi that is running on every device you can think of. This way would be much less work, I'm sure. But it needs a Kodi Addon written in Python...

Actually I think there's a simpler solution than a port for each OS. PWA apps are coming and every mobile and Desktop browser will support them, and they seem pretty powerful. As a mobile/multidevice and remote solution, I think it should be at least examined.
    EDIT: Especially considering it's a one code solution.

Last edited:

Alberto83

Portal Pro
    August 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    @aspik The new version seems to work without any issue but one. From time to time, it gives Oauth failed while scrobbling instead of the standard scrobble notification. A restart of MePo2 client fixes it.

I'm trying to reproduce the issue but it seems random for now. One time it happened after hours of idle, another time it happened right after a successful scrobble.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    That's a surprise. Are you sure? All the database watched flags and other stuffs should be server side. Also, when you enable user management on the client, it shows the same users everywhere, so there must be something server side.
    No, I'm not sure :p But I still don't see much benefit to move the sync part to the server. As you say, the client part would be still needed, so I would have to split the plugin into a client and server plugin. Both plugins would need to communicate with each other, which would add imho an unnecessary complexity for such a silly plugin which trakt is ;)

From time to time, it gives Oauth failed while scrobbling instead of the standard scrobble notification. A restart of MePo2 client fixes it.
    I have a suspicion, but to be sure, could you please post a log file which contains this Oauth failed error?

Alberto83

Portal Pro
    August 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Sure. 24h logs attached. Scroll at the very end, you can see the Unauthorized Oauth error.

EDIT: @aspik i just noticed today that it happens every time at around 5-6pm. given the fact i restart the client at that time and then leave it there, could it be that the oauth ticket must be renewed after that time? A sort of refresh maybe?

Attachments

• Client.rar
      30.2 KB
    Last edited:

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    @Alberto83
    Thanks! Attached a new version which should fix the OAuth error. It also includes the TE theme fix from ge2301. Please re-test it as you did it previously by leaving MP2 turned on for a long time, longer than 7776000 seconds :)

Attachments

• Trakt_For_MP2.2_v7.7z
      547.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom