Trouble with Terratec H7 and CAM (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again to both of you :)

Thank you ogir_xx for testing once again. I can't thank you and paalkr both and everyone else who has tested enough for your help - I couldn't do this without you!
    :D

ogir_xx:
    I feel like I am starting to see patterns in your scanning. It seems to me that you have some frequencies that are stronger than others.

The strongest is 386 MHz with channels like KTV CANAL+ ACTION, KTV CANAL+ FAMILY and KTV TV2/Lorry (dk). That is the frequency which gave you the 9 channels even when all other channels were not found.

You don't usually have any problem receiving channels from frequencies below 490 MHz, but frequencies between 490 and 546 MHz are troublesome. The H7 can lock on them but it can't find or receive the channels. The other 14 or 15 channels that the Cinergy can receive are probably in that range. It would be useful to have the full channel list from your provider to compare with - perhaps the H7 performance would be better if you could find a way to improve the signal strength/quality.

About the specific scan results: they look good. I'm glad the "fix" version seems to perform scanning okay. It would be good if you could do just one more scan with the "current" version so that we can eliminate the signal issues as the reason for the small number of channels being found and prove that the fix in the "fix" version is really needed.

paalkr:
    Thanks MM for the new libraries. I have actually never tried to scan for channels with the H7. I can try to do a channel scan if you need logs from a dvb -t setup.
    Yes, I'd be very happy to see scan logs for DVB-T with the different versions of the DLL.

The only issue I have from time to time is that it takes about 20 seconds to tune a channel. This happens rarely though. I will try to fetch a log the next time it happens.
    If you can supply the logs then I can certainly look into it. :)

Best regards,
    mm

ogir_xx

Portal Pro
    April 6, 2011
    largest town - Middle of Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    And thanks to You MM :)
    Your suggestion about finding the exact frequenzies I will follow!

I also will do a new scan with the .current version but I have to wait until tomorrow.
    I'll be back with my results and logs.

Best regards!

Ogir_xx

paalkr

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi mm!

I know this is a little of topic, but is it possible to incorporate the patch for fixing duplicated series episode recording in your current TVserver source tree?

My wife is picking on me all the time because the same episodes of her favorite shows are recorded several times :oops:

0003736: Prevent duplicate recording logic is incorrect - MediaPortal Bugtracker

I fully understand if it's not your first priority atm. :)

And just to inform you. My TVserver and MePo frontends (I have 3 clients accessing the same TVserver) has been running fine for several days now with your TVserver library version 1.7.current :D:D:D

Regards,
    PK

blindcoder

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2011
    Hello everyone.

I have just updated to 1.2.2 and installed the .fix verison of the library. I'm now able to access the CAM menu in my Technisat CableStar Combo HD :)
    Unfortunately I still can not unscramble any channels :(

Is there any hope of that at all?

Kind regards,
    Benjamin

Twinturbo

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks mm for the effort and good support on Twinhan, Azurewave and so on :)
    My Azurewave AD-300 (1034) have quicker channel change and CI menue is visible and acessible (but with flicker) with the files from januari 4.
    I have not tried the last file.

Now to the problem. I was stupid enough to try to install an new and smaller HTPC with a Technisat SkyStar USB 2 HD CI as TV-card (DVB-S/S2).
    I read that you also had a Skystar, so maybe you can help. I can only se the FTA channels, it does not decode the scrambled ones (T-REX cam for original NDS, Viasat Sweden).
    Maybe it is a driver issue?
    I use the ones included on the installation CD.
    When I try the latest driver (4.6.0) I get a blue screen at restart and the driver is removed by the system...
    I use windows 7 32 on the new computer.

BR
    Peter

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi everyone

Sorry for the delayed replies. I never believed I could be so busy as I am at the moment - I *need* a holiday!

ogir_xx:
    First did a scan with the "fix" version - 139 channels found
    Second did a scan with the "current" version - 9 channels found.

Well that settles it then. I will add this fix to the next version, but I'm not sure when I will have a chance to release it at this point. *Thank you* again for testing - you can take a break for a while and enjoy stable TV (hopefully!) as far as I am concerned. :D

paalkr:
    I know this is a little of topic, but is it possible to incorporate the patch for fixing duplicated series episode recording in your current TVserver source tree?
    I'm sorry but no. I'd like nothing more than to say yes but I just don't have the time to support even my current patches as I would like. I hope you can understand. My priority is to get as many of my patches finished, tested and committed as fast as I can as that is now the only way that I can start to look at other issues. :(

And just to inform you. My TVserver and MePo frontends (I have 3 clients accessing the same TVserver) has been running fine for several days now with your TVserver library version 1.7.current :D:D:D
    :)

blindcoder:
    I have just updated to 1.2.2 and installed the .fix verison of the library. I'm now able to access the CAM menu in my Technisat CableStar Combo HD :)
    Unfortunately I still can not unscramble any channels :(

Is there any hope of that at all?
    What type of CAM are you using? I have the same/similar symptoms as you with my two CAMs. I can access the CAM menu on both of them with my Skystar HD2 however I also can't descramble any channels. I contacted Technisat support about this problem and they told me:

thanks for your request.

We have testet the CI slot with our moduls and the moduls of Mascom. They work
    properly. When you use an other module it could be that the power usage could
    be too high, so that there appear any errors.

We don't offer any modules that works with Irdeto. But I think the Alphacrypt
    module can do that. But I am not sure. So you could ask the Support of Mascom
    directly.

I don't think that the CI slot is broken because you said that the module is
    recognized and you can open the menu of the module. Also it could be that the
    provider of the supports only some special receivers.

My experience is that CAM compatibility can be very "flaky". The only tuners that I have tested that work fully with both of my CAMs are TBS tuners - both the 5980 and 6928 work very well with the patch that I created -->here<--.

I have a TechnoTrend Budget S2-3200 that works with one and almost seems to work with the other for a second, then the stream becomes totally corrupt (like the CAM is not capable of descrambling fast enough) except that I can't even watch FTA channels with that second CAM unless I completely remove it. TechnoTrend responded very quickly but basically were also unable to help me. They recommended the Alphacrypt Classic.

I also have a Hauppauge WinTV CI. It works with the CAM that doesn't work with the TT S2-3200 and *doesn't* work with the other CAM (the one that *does* work with the S2-3200). I haven't yet reported that problem to Hauppauge.

Soon I should have an Anysee tuner and I will see how it behaves.

To summarise: I *completely* sympathise with you. CAMs are very frustrating at times. I'd advise you to contact TechniSat support as I have done and see what they say. I think you will find that they give a similar answer as they gave me and effectively ask you to buy a new CAM. This is not great support in my opinion but I guess from their perspective it is hard to support all CAMs as there are so many that are available. The least they could do is try to improve support but unfortunately they don't seem interested in doing that. :(

Twinturbo:
    Thanks mm for the effort and good support on Twinhan, Azurewave and so on :)
    My Azurewave AD-300 (1034) have quicker channel change and CI menue is visible and acessible (but with flicker) with the files from januari 4.
    I have not tried the last file.
    Thank you for the feedback! :D
    I hope you will find that the flicker goes away if you try the most recent version.

Now to the problem. I was stupid enough to try to install an new and smaller HTPC with a Technisat SkyStar USB 2 HD CI as TV-card (DVB-S/S2).
    I read that you also had a Skystar, so maybe you can help. I can only se the FTA channels, it does not decode the scrambled ones (T-REX cam for original NDS, Viasat Sweden).
    Maybe it is a driver issue?
    I use the ones included on the installation CD.
    When I try the latest driver (4.6.0) I get a blue screen at restart and the driver is removed by the system...
    I use windows 7 32 on the new computer.
    I can only really repeat what I said to Benjamin above. The situation is that tuner compatibility with CAMs is a bit of a minefield. I had not realised that it was so bad until the last 6 months when I managed to get CAMs and tuners to test with. I tried a lot of drivers and software with my SkyStar but all to no avail. Scrambled channels remained scrambled. I have essentially given up on this problem until I can afford to buy an Alphacrypt Classic. If that CAM also doesn't work then... well I don't know what I would do but I might start to guess that there is a problem with either my tuner or CI slot hardware.

Best regards to all of you!
    mm

blindcoder

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2011
    @blindcoder:

What type of CAM are you using? I have the same/similar symptoms as you with my two CAMs. I can access the CAM menu on both of them with my Skystar HD2 however I also can't descramble any channels.

Hi mm.

First, thanks for your hard work! I really hope you get a holiday sometime soon :)

I have an Alphacrypt Lite module with the 3.16 firmware. It works fine in the bundled DVBViewer application and descrambles all channels as one would expect.

I can send you the logfiles later today.

paalkr

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    @paalkr:

I'm sorry but no. I'd like nothing more than to say yes but I just don't have the time to support even my current patches as I would like. I hope you can understand. My priority is to get as many of my patches finished, tested and committed as fast as I can as that is now the only way that I can start to look at other issues. :(

Hi!

Don't worry MM, I fully understand you. The tremendous amount of work and effort you put into MePo is just impressive. I can't thank you enough for fixing my initial problem that I posted in this thread. Thanks to you I have a very well functioning HTPC with great TV support!!

:D:D:D:D:D

Regards,
    PK

blindcoder

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2011
    Hi mm.

I have just created the logfiles and also made an interesting observation:
    If I start the bundled dvbviewer application before I start the TV Server, I can watch scrambled channels!

I have attached the logfiles before and after the start of the dvbviewer, maybe you can see something in there, at least there are some messages about Problem: message length.

Kind regards,
    Benjamin

Attachments

• log_before_dvbviewer.7z
      5.4 KB
    • log_after_dvbviewer.7z
      8.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom