Trouble with Terratec H7 and CAM (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So it's time to buy a new tuner?
    So the issue is that you want to use your tuner with MP 1.4?
    I've been thinking about this and I think there may be a way to fix the issue of basic compatibility (graph building) permanently without a patch.
    Please send me a PM with TeamViewer login details for your server and I will investigate what can be done.

Oh, what's TVE 3.5? The new TV server that will go into MP 2.x?
    Yes.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ive-mp2-tv-updated-for-winter-release.114068/

...and it will also be compatible with MP 1.x (but no public release yet).

Will you be able to join your code into MP 1.5? I guess the wait will be shorter as pr the new 3 month release cycles.
    I'm putting all effort into TVE3.5. Every change that we make in TVE3 has to be redone in TVE3.5, so we are trying to avoid doing any more changes in TVE3.

mm

aat

Portal Member
    September 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hei mm!
    Don't know if Paal has responded with teamviewer access for you, but if you would like to do some testing on my server, please do! It has 1.4 and 2 alpha with tve3.5 bundle installed. It has 2 terratec h7 connected with latest drivers, and fails as described with tve3. The tve35 testbuild i couldn't figure out at all. It runs on W8pro. PM me if you need my teamviewer credentials, as I can't start conversation with you.

micko

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    So it's time to buy a new tuner?

I've been thinking about this and I think there may be a way to fix the issue of basic compatibility (graph building) permanently without a patch.

Please send me a PM with TeamViewer login details for your server and I will investigate what can be done.
    Yes, I want to use my tuner with MP 1.4 (and with all future versions). It would be great if you can fix graph building permanently so there is no need to do patch for every versions to come. Sorry but I can't give access to that server, since there is also work stuff on it. It is a great idea and I appreciate a lot that you still take care of this problem.

Gladly at least aat can give you a teamviewer access. Hope you can find more permanent solution for all of us.

paalkr

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

mm

Hi

I can provide teamviewer access to my the server. Mm, please let me know when you have the opportunity to look into the issue. Will version 1.3 be sufficient, or should I upgrade to 1.4 first?

Regards,
    PK

John2014

Portal Member
    January 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did you ever got the S7 cam to work well in Windows 8? I am having major problems with the S7 not being able to decrypt after 5 minutes of card idle time.

John2014

Portal Member
    January 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    After DisecQ problems with my Anysee E30S2 and CAM problems with my Terratec S7 I decided to purchase yet another DVBS card: Mystique SaTiX-S2 CI that is (also) on the compatibility list of Mediaportal.

To be honest the compatibility matrix does not say anything about versions, after reading hundreds of posts about DVBS CI problems I noticed that the MP and WIndows version makes a world of difference. It is a bit of a lottery to see if any combination will work.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Did you ever got the S7 cam to work well in Windows 8? I am having major problems with the S7 not being able to decrypt after 5 minutes of card idle time.
    This is a known problem that this thread was attempting to solve. The problem should be solved in TVE 3.5. You can try TVE 3.5 with MP2 now. I note that TVE 3.5 also supports DiSEqC with Anysee tuners.

John2014

Portal Member
    January 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi mm,

Thank you for the reply. I read that MP 2 only supports Windows 7, how about Windows 8?

Kind regards,
    John

John2014

Portal Member
    January 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi MM,

I installed MP2 with the SlimTV-NativeTV-Alpha4 plugin as stated in the documentation using my Terratec S7 on Windows 8.1 x64.

When I do a channel scan (after a transponder list update) I get very very little channels. Most transponders and LNB's give no signal. Is this perhaps a known error in MP2 that you might know of?

Kind regards,
    John

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    When I do a channel scan (after a transponder list update) I get very very little channels. Most transponders and LNB's give no signal. Is this perhaps a known error in MP2 that you might know of?
    No, not known. Could you please post your server log files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom