[solved] Trust RC not working with HID? Worked fine with MCE remote (1 Viewer)

coen99

Portal Member
November 20, 2011
Hello, good evening.
I'm back ;)

So I did the HID demo test.
Somehow the numeric buttons did nothing?!
All other buttons worked fine, so i did a new Windows 10 install.
Installed 1.14 and ... almost everything seems to be working.
Even the numeric buttons work as they should.

But what I cannot get to work is to set the "record" button as 'delete" button.
I did the exact same thing as with the MCE remote plugin but no dice.
Tried another button, still nothing.
Nothing happens. Restarting the PC did not change this.

of course I can use the file menu for deleting but that takes more clicks.
Any ideas?

cheers.

BTW, something completely different:
In Kodi you can easily skip from one file to another in the same directory using the "skip" button or if you don't use the skip button it will automatically play the next file when the previous has ended.
Can I do this also in MP?
Of course you can make a playlist or choose the folder and then choose "play all files in folder" but those are not the same.
In the first case you have to make playlist which is additional work and you cannot sort eg. on date. In the second case it starts playing immediately and you can not start where you want eg. at the 5th file i.s.o. the first.

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello, good evening.
    I'm back ;)

Welcome back!

So I did the HID demo test.
    Somehow the numeric buttons did nothing?!
    Digits, Ok, and Directions buttons won't show up on the Messages tab.
    You can test them on the Tests tab.

Installed 1.14 and ... almost everything seems to be working.
    Even the numeric buttons work as they should.
    Awesome!

BTW, something completely different:
    In Kodi you can easily skip from one file to another in the same directory using the "skip" button or if you don't use the skip button it will automatically play the next file when the previous has ended.
    Can I do this also in MP?
    Of course you can make a playlist or choose the folder and then choose "play all files in folder" but those are not the same.
    In the first case you have to make playlist which is additional work and you cannot sort eg. on date. In the second case it starts playing immediately and you can not start where you want eg. at the 5th file i.s.o. the first.
    I'm not using playlist but rather just directories for music and skip moves to the next file.
    Also it does move to the next file when once track is finished.

I did the exact same thing as with the MCE remote plugin but no dice.
    Tried another button, still nothing.
    Nothing happens. Restarting the PC did not change this.

Can you described how you tried to customize those buttons and provide screenshots?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

That works for me if I do it like that:
    upload_2016-4-28_22-52-48.png

You need to move the action up above the 'No Condition' action.

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This might be a bit TiVoesque but why not a mpwide delete using the clear button. There may be a reason for it, like the button is mapped to do something else or maybe not all remotes have a clear button. Just my 2c.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This might be a bit TiVoesque but why not a mpwide delete using the clear button. There may be a reason for it, like the button is mapped to do something else or maybe not all remotes have a clear button. Just my 2c.

That would make sense, unfortunately the classic MP settings are using the MCE remote Clear button to go back.
    In fact the Clear button on an MCE remote sends the same signal as any keyboard Escape key.
    That means that with MP default mapping you have two buttons to perform the same Back action: Back and Clear.
    I'm taking note and will make sure this will be fixed once our HID handler supports multiple profiles and keyboard mappings.

BTW you can help testing HID profiles already.

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Not really sure how I can help my remote is working fine, except for me having to learn what buttons do what.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Note that the default button for delete is 0.
    why not a mpwide delete using the clear button
    I have done precisely the same thing as coen99 -- I have defined the RECORD button in list panels ("Recorded TV", "Recorded Radio", "Videos", "Music", ...) to perform the DELETE function.

The reason for this choice is related to button layout. I find that usability of a remote is improved if buttons that are often used in succession are physically close together on the remote. The remote that I have been using recently is the Ortek/Hama, and that has the RECORD button very close to the UP and DOWN buttons (which I use to navigate the list), so RECORD is an obvious choice for DELETE. However, this very much depends on button layout, and will vary from one remote to another.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

coen99

Portal Member
    November 20, 2011
    Thanks for all replies.

I will experiment the keymapping again this weekend.

I have done precisely the same thing as coen99 -- I have defined the RECORD button in list panels ("Recorded TV", "Recorded Radio", "Videos", "Music", ...) to perform the DELETE function.-- from CyberSimian in the UK
    Did it work for you? I deleted all layers and only used the "no condition".

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom