[solved] Trust RC not working with HID? Worked fine with MCE remote (1 Viewer)

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
November 20, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Thank you I'll give it a try, when I have some time. I'm not very experienced with remote configuration, as I haven't really had any issues that required me to map buttons, the combined use of HID handler and Hauppage remote handler seem to be working well.

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think it's like a mode. In normal mode/layer, a button does one thing. However you can configure a button to switch modes/layers and change the function of all your buttons.
    I must learn to know what I am talking about before opening my mouth. Now that I have actually tried layers, I see that they work as mm described, and not as I had expected. :oops:

There are only two layers. The remote starts with layer 1 active, but you can assign a button to toggle the active layer. The active layer remains active until the "toggle layer" button is pressed again. So it is like pressing the CAPS_LOCK key on a keyboard, and not like pressing the SHIFT key on a keyboard.

I think that one could argue in favour of either way of working. Perhaps MP should support both. All it needs is the addition of a "toggle layer for one command only" function. Simples! :D

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

coen99

Portal Member
    November 20, 2011
    Hello Guys,

First of all thanks for all your input!

This weekend I tried everything to get the keymapping to work but it just doesn't. As with MCE remote (mp 1.11) it works fine. Same settings, same remote.
    Also playing the next video file in the same folder does not work without using the playlist feature.

Although this forum is the best, and I must be doing something wrong, I'm going back to my previous setup.
    Anyway, thanks for all the support.

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom