.TS Files + Compession (1 Viewer)

cheetah05

Portal Pro
April 9, 2006
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Are .TS files already compressed?

If so, how much? and is it worth while compressing them furhter, in, for instance, the x264 codec?

Anyone know how to do this? (ie what software to use)

Thanks.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    No they are in mpeg2 format with other info, ie multiple audio, subtitle etc in the one package.

Try mcebuddy or any other encoder that will read ts files as mpeg2, check audio sync, as can be a problem, so test for this after doing a conversion.

1.5Gb file ends up as 300Mb h.264 file (around about 1 hour recording)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    .ts files could be also in h264. It's broadcaster's choice what video and audio formats they are using. Transport stream itself is not limited to mpeg2.

angryjack

Portal Member
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does mcebuddy also run on Windows XP Pro with Mediaportal or only on a MCE edition ?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Runs with xp\vista, for ts file conversion you need to change 1 setting *.dvrms delete, add *.ts and tick the box to enable it, one thing i do not know is, how this would deal with a multi-language file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Glad the problem was at least solved for you. But it's one of the issues nobody likes. It's bad to have bugs, but I prefer a clear error in logs with a solution behind ;)
    Glad the problem was at least solved for you. But it's one of the issues nobody likes. It's bad to have bugs, but I prefer a clear...
    Good morning, I am using MP2 since several years on a Win10 machine and now switched to a new PC with Win11. After installation, I...
    Replies
    Views
    THX for info. 0.62 plugin version doesn't crash with MP 1.31 therefore, it seems to me to be little buggy...
    THX for info. 0.62 plugin version doesn't crash with MP 1.31 therefore, it seems to me to be little buggy...
    Started on: 2023-12-26 last update: 2023-12-26 Summary: Minimize the amount of data written to disk by simulating a tempfs RAM...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes. I've just this minute found the cause of the problem; though I haven't found the exact line of configuration that caused it. I am using a centrally configured system, meaning that some configuration files are stored centrally and are not overridden when installing new versions. It would seem that 1.31 had a change in...
    Yes. I've just this minute found the cause of the problem; though I haven't found the exact line of configuration that caused it...
    Since I installed 1.31 .wtv files display in the top left-hand quadrant of the screen instead of the whole screen. Is this a known...
    Replies
    Views
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of things; the deployment tool for 1.32 doesn't remove the previous version when you're updating from 1.31 to 1.32 and "MediaPortal TV Server" gets installed even when you choose to install the client only. I...
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of...
    I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro...
    Replies
    Views
    And if you use the comskip plugin, the file is locked during the process of comm removal. ;)
    And if you use the comskip plugin, the file is locked during the process of comm removal. ;)
    I'm about to do a Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade on a disk that has 2 partitions. The second partition holds all the recorded tv files so...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom