.TS H264 problem (1 Viewer)

pannivas

Portal Pro
July 26, 2006
Nicosia
Home Country
Cyprus Cyprus
if you guys have a fast CPU then i would suggest using FFDshow for the H.264 decoding. I had a lot of bad blocks using CoreAVC 1.2 and then switched over to FFDShow and had noone since then.

i am using this FFDshow version found here. http://x264.nl/

FFDshow is not multithread so a dual core CPU will not do much good. I personally have a Core 2 Duo E6600 which 2.4GHz and i can playback 1080p h.264 and x.264 without any problems.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What's the name of tsfilesource.ax in the FilterManager and where can it be found - so I can check if it's registered (regsrv32)
    The link to the sample is in the PM I sent.

The filter is called TS File Source in Filter Manager etc.
    The clip from the link plays aok here although there is a format size bug I need to look into.
    Is the clip you posted on the link raw from a TVServer recording or have you modified it?

DMAN

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Add to the confusion.....

Just come across this thread and though not having exactly the same problems I do have issues using CoreAVC to watch BBC HD via my S2-3200 card.
    I have not had any real problems watching HD using MP/TV3 and the Cyberlink codecs as supplied with the card, other than having disable/re-enable tv when switch being SD & HD or vice versa, this goes back to feb...

Using the current SVN versions (15008) which you can choose the h.264 codec I thought I would try CoreAVC again, could never get MP to see that.

This works but only displays the top left corner (1024x800 or so) in MP, drop the timeshift bufffer file into Graphedt and all is fine.

Difference being the Graphedt using the Haali splitter where MP uses MPEG-2 Demultiplexer??? Can see to change that...unregister that and every stops.

Question really is how to I get MP/Tv3 to use Haali??

Not a show stopper as can watch HD using Cyberlink codecs but would be nice to try/use CoreAVC

Any help/pointers appreciated

Thanks

Trevor

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Trevor,

SD->HD etc is in Mantis. Hopefully we can fix it soon.

The problem is CoreAVC is not as flexible as other H.264 decoders. Example are lack of supported H.264 media subtypes and the ability not to determine the frame size from the parsed stream.
    Haali assists CoreAVC and they're a good solution for static files.

Unfortunately we need a more flexible .ts reader for timeshifting & demuxing hence using TSFileSource for these media types.

Cyberlinks codec is by far the best option at this time as the correct aspect ratio and framesize is determined on the fly. Plus you get the added bonus of GPU acceleration.

There is a new TSFileSource as of SVN15019 but CoreAVC framesizes will still be incorrect.

DMAN

kamrat

Portal Pro
    May 24, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Dman - great work on h.264-support lately! Thank you!!

I have two questions related to this:

1. You wrote above:

Hi Trevor,
    Cyberlinks codec is by far the best option at this time as the correct aspect ratio and framesize is determined on the fly. Plus you get the added bonus of GPU acceleration.

DMAN

This gets me excited since I have the 8600 GTS-card with 100% h.264-GPU acceleration with the Cyberlink 7.3-codec but I have only been able to get it to work using the new Vista EVR-renderer. The only applications being able to use the EVR-renderer is to my knowledge DVB-viewer GE. Is there a way to make MP use this renderer after all or how do you aquire GPU-support in MP?

2. The new possibility to select codec separately for MPEG2 and h.264 is great!! Would it also be possible to select different audio codecs for channels using different video formats to allow for different codec settings to avoid problems with audio/video sync?

/ola

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for the update DMAN, as I said it is not a real problem as all works fine with the cyberlink codecs.

I brought CoreAVC when I got my DVB-S card so would be good to try it some point...but having said that I do notice it uses more CPU when playing .TS files via graphedt...

MP & TV3 and really worked pretty flawlessly for me over the past few months....had few SVN's that upset things but they were sorted pretty quick and the problems that do exist can be worked round easy enough.

MP is the best out there, nothing else I have found that deals with all my hardware and is flexible enough to cope with how I want stuff configured so a big thanks to all the team.

Trevor

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2006
    Tirol
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The filter is called TS File Source in Filter Manager etc.
    The clip from the link plays aok here although there is a format size bug I need to look into.
    Is the clip you posted on the link raw from a TVServer recording or have you modified it?
    DMAN
    The clip I posted is a raw TVServer recording. I did not modify it in any way.
    I've applied the latest svn - the screen is still grabled like the one I posted, but it's 16:9 now (before it was 4:3) - strange that it works for you and for me it does'nt. Maybe I've to try it with a clean install (xp/mp).
    Thanks
    BB

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Got a copy of CoreAVC Pro 1.3 it does not play well however 1.2, 1.1.05 do.
    CoreAVC have confirmed there are bugs in 1.3 and will release 1.3.0.1 soon...

DMAN

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2006
    Tirol
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Dman, thanks a lot for the info and all your effort to this problem.
    Good to know that there will be a coreavc 1.3.0.1 soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom