• Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Get GraphEdit
    Record a H.264 stream
    Start GraphEdit
    Add the DirectShow TS File Source filter to the graph.
    When prompted point the source file to recording you made
    Once done - render the graph.
    If all pins connect via codecs to renderers then play the graph.
    Does that work?

If the Graph does not build then thats probably your probelm.
    If your prefered H.264 codec is not added then use something like Radlight Filter Manager to set the merit higher etc.

DMAN

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2006
    Tirol
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I've tried it with DirectShow TS File Source filter:
    tsnokuq3.jpg

... did not work

If I open the captured ts file it works - graphedit automatically creates the following graph:
    tsokfl3.jpg

First filter is the Haali media splitter
    File plays fine in graphedit and different media players but not in Media Portal

Question now is how do I get it to work in Media Portal?

mmesh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2004
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Hi!

I'd like to join in this thread.

I also have the same problem, with the exception that I do get MediaPortal to render it if I unregister CoreAVC and register Cyberlink H.264 filter. But in this case I don't get all H.264 channels that I can tune into but one.
    The one I can see is HD Discovery (1920x1080 H264 and AC3 audio).
    Five other channels that also render correctly (I can see that if I connect to them with GraphEdit) BUT do not show any picture (only sound) are 704x576 H264 video and 192 kbps MP3 audio.

Is there any way to make MediaPortal use Haali media splitter as TS source filter instead of TS File Source?

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Did some testing yesterday and managed to actually be able to watch BBC HD although not without some problems:

Using coreavc does not work. I can play back any h.264 files that are either in the mkv format or have been renamed from .ts to .mkv using coreavc
    Can record BBC HD stream to the resulting ts no problems but cannot play back unless renamed to .mkv
    Installed cyberlink h.264 decoder and set the merit to the highest to make sure it was used
    Can then watch recordings from bbc hd although randomly it sometimes slows down and drops a lot of frames and then will pick up again
    Can watch live BBC HD as long as I select this channel from TV off but suffered the same random slowdown
    Cannot change to an SD channel without turning off tv and then turning it back on again
    The cyberlink decoder gave me choppy playback when playing back other h.264 files that are in the .mkv format
    When playing back any of these files from media player classic I don't get these issues and cpu usage is the same as using coreavc

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah. I am facing exactly the same thing with same results. The graphs BugsBunny has posted are showing where the problem is located (most likely ;)).

Is there already a mantis on this? I did not find any.

Bye
    Lars

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Hi!

I'd like to join in this thread.

I also have the same problem, with the exception that I do get MediaPortal to render it if I unregister CoreAVC and register Cyberlink H.264 filter. But in this case I don't get all H.264 channels that I can tune into but one.
    The one I can see is HD Discovery (1920x1080 H264 and AC3 audio).
    Five other channels that also render correctly (I can see that if I connect to them with GraphEdit) BUT do not show any picture (only sound) are 704x576 H264 video and 192 kbps MP3 audio.

Is there any way to make MediaPortal use Haali media splitter as TS source filter instead of TS File Source?

Would it be possible to change the merits?

mpfrank

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2006
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    allanp81;150002 Would it be possible to change the merits?[/QUOTE said:
    Did you try the Radlight Filter Manager to change the merits?
    If not, imho it's worth to have a look on it....

Cheers
    mpFrank

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom