TS recording format data missing. (1 Viewer)

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    I prefer to record with the TS format as this should keep the data for subtitles and second audio stream.

What i am finding is that the headers are present for the subtitles and second audio stream but there is no actual data present.

I have checked against an identical feed to NEBULA digitv software and for the same particular recordings and the data is present.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Please try if this is happening with latest SVN.

_Frodo_ just added - tvserver fixed subtitles where not recording in .ts files - to MP-changelog!

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    SVN 13071

Still NO subtitles or second audio stream.

Headers present but no data.

I am using VLC media player to check, if there is another app that may be better let me know, i don't want to send FRODO on a wild goose chase.

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Same here. With 13071 headers seem to work but no actual data. Tried vlc and demuxing .ts with projectX (which is able to extract dvb-subtitles). When rtsp streaming from mpserver subtitles are present so vlc subtitle-settings should be ok. I double checked all settings and didn't see anything wrong with them.

Can't yet try any newer SVN-builds because of the tswriter.ax-error:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tswriter_ax_cant_registered_setup-t19809.html

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    The timishifting/serving stream also is missing subtitle and 2nd audio streams when viewed with VLC.

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried the streaming/timeshifting with VLC too and i have all audio streams available and can switch between. They are only missing in the recordings regardless of format (ts/mpeg)

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    The latest svn 13108 is a mixed bag.

On the BBC1 mux most channels are now getting the Subtitles track correctly but second audio track isn't getting data (this contains audo description on a lot of channels)

The other MUX are a mess, no data on subtitles or second audio stream and to make matters worse there is now an indicated second video stream header (no data) which is impossible!

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Although problem is not solved it is good to see that others encounter the same problem.
    I followed/started various threads about this issue and no one has an idea.
    Hope this will be fixed soon.
    Had a look into the sources myself but could not really find a bug.
    By the way a streamed program viewed with VLC contains all audio streams and they are switchable also.
    This points to a bug in the TSStreamBuffer Player class but does not explain why the recordings in .ts format do not contain all audio streams whereas the timeshiftbuffer contains them :confused:
    So there might be something wrong in the server too.
    It seems to handle .ts recordings different than timeshifting.
    Maybe this could be a good starting point for bug seeling.
    I personally have some problems in understanding the sources of the TV server as the classes and interfaces call themselves/ their ancestor very often and so mostly you have to look at a lot of files at the same time or am i missing something there?
    MP itself seemed quite straightfoward designed-

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    The latest svn 13108 is a mixed bag.

On the BBC1 mux most channels are now getting the Subtitles track correctly but second audio track isn't getting data (this contains audo description on a lot of channels)

The other MUX are a mess, no data on subtitles or second audio stream and to make matters worse there is now an indicated second video stream header (no data) which is impossible!

Could you make full TS captures of those two muxes and upload them to some place so that Frodo could look at those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom