TS recording format data missing. (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Risu, have you started those recordings when the show is already running? Looks like tv engine is not currently able to detect the PMT changes on the fly (confirmed by Frodo) and this will cause subtitles (and audio streams) to be missing if they aren't available when the recording starts.

This will require some bigger changes how the PMTs are handled (i.e. tv engine must parse those PMT packets continously).

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    I know I started this thread and I am pleased that work is starting to show fruition BUT I would be much happier if stability and compatability of the basic service was focused on as it is at an all time low at the moment.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I haven't noticed any stibility issues lately with the tv engine. Please create new bug reports for those newly found bugs.

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Risu, have you started those recordings when the show is already running? Looks like tv engine is not currently able to detect the PMT changes on the fly (confirmed by Frodo) and this will cause subtitles (and audio streams) to be missing if they aren't available when the recording starts.
    I just started recordings when show was already running, just for testing purposes. Anyway what you told explains a lot.

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    This bug is still around. When recording starts before the program with subs MP doesn't record any subs on .ts. Subs are getting listed on VLC but there's no data.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    This bug is still around. When recording starts before the program with subs MP doesn't record any subs on .ts. Subs are getting listed on VLC but there's no data.

Yep, the bug is still there. Would require some bigger changes to tve3 to be able to support dynamic subtitles (or any other dynamic PID changes, like audio streams added during running program).

Let's hope that Frodo has time to look at this issue at some point (as it's currently making testing the DVB subtitle beta filter much harder for users).

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I have done some testing on this issue on couple of last days. Here's a patched TsWriter.ax for the tve3 SVN 15479 version.

http://day2.no-ip.org/TsWriter_dynamic_pid_test_v2.ax

1) stop tv service
    2) make a backup of the current tswriter.ax
    3) copy that new file over the old one
    4) restart tv engine
    5) start a recording

This patched filter is only intented for test usage / getting some feedback. It's only tested on couple of recordings.

In TsWriter.ax logging is enabled and following lines are the ones that I'm interested:

- "Recorder: PMT version changed from %d to %d"
    - "Recorder: first PMT change, ignore it!"
    - "Recorder: Update PMT pmt..."

and directly after that some of following...

- "Recorder:add audio stream pid:%x"
    - "Recorder:add video stream pid:%x"
    - "Recorder:add private stream pid:%x"

...happy testing.

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I quickly tested v2 the other day. For some reason first scheduled recording failed, didn't investigate that further as there is now v3 out. I'll test that over the weekend.

Other test recoding I scheduled worked, PIDs changed in the beginning of recording and data was correctly recorded. Only issue was that when I played back recording and skipped forward, whole MP and computer froze totally. Had to turn off power as I couldn't even terminate MP. Tried it again several times and it was always the same. Problem came when I skipped time while pids changed. If I fast forwarded or watched through pid change everything went well and after that I could skip backward and again forward (even over pid change part), it was just first forward skip that froze the whole thing. Unfortunately I already deleted the clip so it can't be used for further testing.

I'm trying to reproduce this over weekend with latest svn, dvbsub2_v3 + v3 tswriter and see if I can come up with some new test clips.

Thanks for all the good work so far :)

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Couldn't test this weekend much as I was away but I had few recordings scheduled. This has nothing to do with dvb-subs but with v3 modded tswriter my system hung totally after few recordings. No MP client running. Normal tswriter has always worked well. As I told on previous post v2 didn't also record one scheduled show. I suspect some major memory leak but unfortunately can't tell more right now. I can supply logs later on. I'll try testing v3 more this week to find out what's really happening with it. PIDs and subs seem to get into recordings so at least that's positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom