TSWriter deadlock potential fix. (2 Viewers)

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Very impressed with this.

Just carried out a killer test that would normaly cause a BSOD.

Repeat loading of tuners with multiple streams, allow streams to complete and decompose, then repeat test with increased number of streams.

Started with eight streams, all completed fine then 12 streams all completed fine and then 26 streams all completed fine. Even threw in a few ending streams early ie stop recordings before completion by deleting recording.

twelve streams test.JPG26 streams !!!.JPGFully loaded..JPG

Excellent work thanks.

Testing stops now for the evening, tomorrow i will test the latest TBS driver which has been a pia

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    Hi Team,

I'm fighting since days for a picture on my last client to bring it back. Audio is working but only black screen. Of course I know that is no tswriter problem but I've no idea how to solve that issue? With former versions there had been no problems wit this installation. I dont know what happend..

I tried to change video renderer VMR9 to EVR and filters, no change!

I tried to load file.ts direct to windows mediaplayer and had no problems! So I think it's a MP problem?

Only in MP Client there is only audio an NO video aviable. Only a black screenappears where tv should be visible.
    May somebody have a look to the logs of that machine and can give me a hint?

Thx ramu

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    After many hours I finaly managed to get a BSOD, it may/may not be linked to MP, the logs are attached.

Ironic that there was only one stream at the time on one tuner and BSOD (ref TBS driver) occured as I stoped timeshifting.

The logs are large as they contain all the testing so far.

Hope they show something.

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    Hi there,

don't know what happend over night. TV server hangs again, clients do not connect. Also tv programm shows only sand clock...

here are the logs. I had to kill the process because net stop didn't work..

ramu

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    @ramu
    2013-01-03 06:32:42.031250 [EPG Update thread(19)]: dvb:confused:topGraph
    2013-01-03 06:32:42.203125 [EPG Update thread(19)]: Tvservice stopped due to an unhandled app domain exception System.AccessViolationException: Es wurde versucht, im geschützten Speicher zu lesen oder zu schreiben. Dies ist häufig ein Hinweis darauf, dass anderer Speicher beschädigt ist.
    bei DirectShowLib.IMediaControl.Stop()
    bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.StopGraph()
    bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBS.StopGraph()
    bei TvLibrary.Implementations.TvCardBase.FreeSubChannel(Int32 id)
    bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.FreeSubChannel(Int32 id)
    bei TvService.EpgGrabbing.Stop(IUser user)
    bei TvService.TVController.StopGrabbingEpg(IUser user)
    bei TvService.EpgCard.UpdateDatabaseThread()
    bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
    can you set tuner stop mode to "stop" instead of "pause"?

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    Hi in betwwen tvserver crashed twice and vanished out of MS task manager. Here are the logs...

To all of You have a look to the following configuration. Perhaps thats a hint for bug fixing:

On my home server there a some applications running. One of the is a motion detection sw which uses a video graber with attached camera. The video graber device is also show in MP and disabled in configuartion. Counld there be a problem that MP do not handle this disabled video device right. For example if there is a threat trying to fetch information from a device which is used elsewhere...

Find attached the new logs. I didn't change anything since last week... The last entries must shows TV Server hanging as described before. I've to kill the process now. The last action was watching a recorded tv file.

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    Hi and an other idea: Last problem occured while watching recorded files out of a room with not the best WLAN signal. Perhaps tswriter reacts badly for weak network traffic, too?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Perhaps tswriter reacts badly for weak network traffic, too?

TsWriter is only writing to a local files, so a bad WLAN connection shouldn't cause any instability in TV service because of TsWriter at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom