TSWriter deadlock potential fix. (3 Viewers)

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Further testing this morning has seen some dramatic problems with decomposing subchannels.

subchannel failure.JPG subchannel failure1.JPG subchannel failure2.JPGsubchannel failure3.JPG

I have put the tvserver under repeated heavy load but what happens is that recordings on subchannels don't end.

Logs attached large but a lot of subchannel loadings to get this failure, which would occur normaly over a couple of days without this heavy load.

As can be seen only two events should be recording but most of the previous recordings on subchannels have failed to stop, this leads to locked tuners and eventual BSOD of drivers.

The error occus after the 4music schedule should end, checking its actual file shows it did end cleanly but the service and tuner is now locked out, tuner is now 'shown as idle but with schedule still associted, this causes a domino efffect and all tuners fail.

Last edited:

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    If I now try to delete or stop these erroneous recordings lots of errors are loged and the MP GUI and TVserver will hard lock.

This will lead to the need to reboot or expect a BSOD with the tuner drivers.

Last edited:

lulsam

Portal Pro
    December 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I don't want to hijack this thread, but maybe this isssue is related to this one: my tv server (1.2.3) freezes as well with a very similar behaviour as the one described here. I managed to determine that the cause was the epg grabber but only if I selected a specific frequency (I had to test chananel by channel). In my case (Spanish DVB-T in Madrid) whatever channel selected from the 708 MHz mux drives to a TV Server freeze in not to much time. If this channels are unselected from the epg grabber but all others (more than 50) are selected TV server works correclty without any particular issue for several days.

So my question is: Could non existent epg or malformed data in a mux drives to a TV Server freeze like the described here? The new TSWritter and TSReader files could help to solve this issue as well if unrealted to the focus of this thread?

Thx in advance.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I don't want to hijack this thread, but maybe this isssue is related to this one: my tv server (1.2.3) freezes as well with a very similar behaviour as the one described here. I managed to determine that the cause was the epg grabber but only if I selected a specific frequency (I had to test chananel by channel). In my case (Spanish DVB-T in Madrid) whatever channel selected from the 708 MHz mux drives to a TV Server freeze in not to much time. If this channels are unselected from the epg grabber but all others (more than 50) are selected TV server works correclty without any particular issue for several days.

So my question is: Could non existent epg or malformed data in a mux drives to a TV Server freeze like the described here? The new TSWritter and TSReader files could help to solve this issue as well if unrealted to the focus of this thread?

Thx in advance.

Try the files from the first page and let me know if they work.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Initial testing is an improvement over the previous files.

MP File writer(v2) with TSwriter v7

I am loading the tuners to get many subchannels as usual to speed up the evidience of errors.

The logs are big again i'm afraid but you want to look for the 'top gear' schedule on 'dave'.

Indications from MP GUI was that this had had problems decomposing as the schedule was still shown active (a cleanup removed the schedule) after it had ended.

Fortunately from setuptv the schedule had been decomposed correctly and the tuner looks unlocked only further testing over the next few hours will show if this is true.

Thanks for the work on this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom