TSWriter deadlock potential fix. (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just updated to 1.5.0, which patch would you want me to test? (kinda lost track of all the patches in this thread)

Yeah, we really need to have everything in GIT branches, so we can merge/test. Maybe we already do have it.

Do we have a Jira for this as well?

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

Thanks.

So, where are we with this? All issues fixed? Any known issues? Any regression?

Now that 1.5.0 is released, would be good to know if we can plan to include this in 1.6.0.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I've been running - for regression testing mostly - the various patches for a while without any problems, so my take on it is that the latest version is looking pretty good (I think mm has cracked it this time), but 2 weeks or so of test running is not really long enough for a final answer (given that the lockup problems have been fairly random occurances for some users).

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I'm going to update to the final version tonight any chance to get the patch for that version?

Attached are patched TvService.exe and TVLibrary.dll binaries for MP 1.5.0 Final TV server. You must also use the TsWriter.ax from here - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/tswriter_mm_deadlock_v5_-mp_1-5pr-zip.136154/ - or the attached 'TsWriter_MP15x_EXP_Owlsroost_2' version (which has other experimental bug fixes/reworks included in addition to the deadlock fixes - use at your own risk...)

Please note - I haven't had time to test these yet, so make backup copies of the original files before replacing them with the patched versions.....

Attachments

• MP150_final_deadlock_fix_v6_TvService_TvLibrary.zip
      286.8 KB
    • TsWriter_MP15x_EXP_Owlsroost_2.zip
      135.4 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom