Tswriter (2 Viewers)

Normann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2018
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have tried now with 'CurrentMovingDish' value set to 8000 but no change. In "dish.xml" the position of DiSEqC is set with a digit whereas in "TV-Server Conf" it is set to AA and AB and BA. How do they connect?
    At least, I can watch any channel now, but only a couple of zapping til I have to reboot. It seems that the LNB #1 is mostly working.
    Logs attached from latest try.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_05_12_18__16_29.zip
      1.2 MB

Normann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2018
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If the chosen channel is working there is a green led glowing as my tuner is locking on the right frequency. Sometimes when it is not working it glows and sometimes not. In ”preview” channel in ”TVServerConf” it seems to indicate ”no PMT” when the green led is glowing and ”no signal” when not glowing. This get me to think that trying to start a new channel on another LBN where there happens to be a frequency on the old LNB to lock on but this is the wrong provider it gives a green light but ”no PMT” and if there is no frequency to lock on, no light. So my speculation is that it locks before the proper changing of LNB has been made but happens to find a frequency on the old LNB to lock on.

Now, I have increased scanning times in ”TVServerConf” > ”General” > ”Scan” without actually knowing what those settings are doing. I suppose they are only used for scanning new channels?

If this thought holds I need a delay of – say – two sec between the command to set LNB to the locking of channel. So, we are stuck on figure out where we can put this delay and get it effectuated. I know nil of coding.

Last edited:

Normann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2018
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have a fixed dish with three LNBs which is selected by the DiSEqC switch. Normally there is either a DiSEqC or a motor to change satellite and only one of these setups can be chosen in "TV Server Conf".
    My wish would be a possibility to set "channel lock delay" in "TV Server Conf" under "general". Who knows! It may help other users too.
    (A disclaimer though as my diagnosis might be al wrong out of knowing too little of the MP system)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Attached is a new TVLibrary.dll file which (in theory) reads a new entry in dish.dll 'General' section called 'WaitAfterDiSEqC' - this should create a delay after DiSEqC commands before sending the 'tune' commands of WaitAfterDiSEqC milliseconds.

So <entry name="WaitAfterDiSEqC">1000</entry> should create a delay of 1 second (see below).

Code:
    <section name="General">
    <entry name="CurrentMovingDish">526</entry>
    <entry name="FirstTuneWait">10000</entry>
    <entry name="WaitAfterDiSEqC">1000</entry>
    </section>

Please give it a try and report back :)

Attachments

• TVE3_TBS_plus_DiSEqC_delays_2_MP121_14-12-18.zip
      199.4 KB

Normann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2018
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Attached logs. It seems I´ve been wrong. Just to be sure I extended the wanted delay to 4 sec. There is some improvement though: If I start with a channel on LNB#2 (CNN) and then change to LNB#3 (Euronews) or LNB#1 (BBC News) and then keep changing via LNB#2 the channels are working for a couple of changes. So with good planning I can now start any channel but I want a system where I can zap channels spontaneously. What do you think, would this be possible?

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_15_12_18__16_34.zip
      2.2 MB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Looking at the logs, there is a problem with my latest changes (I think it's not reading the 'WaitAfterDiSEqC' value from dish.xml) - I'll fix that and generate a new dll for you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom