• May 13, 2007
    Home Country

Goose

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    frank75

Wherever you want. Do you know how to register a filter?

If not then just open a dos prompt, navigate to where the filter is and type regsvr32 mpcviddev.ax or whatever.

Let me know if that's not enough or if you want pictures just take a look at my rather old/out of date codec guide link in my sig.

JackTramiel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2006
    Recklinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

frank75

Portal Pro
    August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Then i got it :)

When i choose MPCVideoDec. no movie would play, strange?

I switch back to coreavc and still have problem playing some movies.
    When i activate the OSD in FFFDSHOW the cpu load is 100% on the movies that stop on frame 0. A skip forward and it stops on a frame, and still 100% cpu load. These movies have been working before.
    Any idea why?

Goose

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    frank75

What splitter are you using? Try using Haali's splitter. Just google it.

Your statement about ffdshows OSD is interesting. Do you have FFDShow set to decode H264 or are you adding a post processing filter for whatever reason?

If its set to decode you would obviously have to disable it for another codec to work.

You might try to use graphedit or graphstudio to see what codec is in use when you play back h264 content.

frank75

Portal Pro
    August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I use Haali's splitter 1.8.122.18
    I turned of FFDShow and had the same problem.
    In graphedit i get these results.

This movie stops on frame 0 and have 100% CPU load. But is working in VLC.

AVPR.mkv - ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder - VMR Input0 Video Render
    / AC3Filter - Default DirectSound Device.

When i use "render mediafile" in graphedith one more time in the same window on AVPR.MKV i get this:

AVPR.mkv - Cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder(PDVD8) - VMR Input0 Video Render
    / AC3Filter - Default DirectSound Device
    The same thing happens with another movie that is not working.

This movie is working and have Cyberlink the first time i render a mediafile.

Black Hawk Down.mkv - Cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder(PDVD8) - VMR Input0 Video Render
    / AC3Filter - Default DirectSound Device

Why does it says MPEG-4 on the first rendering and Cyberlink on the second?

I used the sysenum.exe and found the ffdshow mpeg-4 videodecoder and used regsvr32 to register it, but it is still not working.
    What am i missing? :)

Goose

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    frank75

Graph edit will use whatever codec has priority whereas MP will use whatever you have set. Still rather strange that MP says MPEG4 though.

If you are using VISTA I highly recomend picking EVR instead BTW

Now you can export your ffdshow settings to a reg file so I recommend that you do that, then uninstall it. Then tell me how you go. If it makes no difference then you can just reinstall it and apply the reg file over the top.

Also can you try opening it in mediaplayer, don;t worry about the file type warning and then connect to its graph from graph edit.

Try that bunch and report back. We will get it in the end. When I can be bothered I will ask you a whole bunch of questions to ascertain what you have and what you are trying to achieve, but not right now.

Don't forget to try all of those things and let me know.

baconismidog

October 14, 2008
    I don' t understand...

I have been watching all different kinds of movies, downloads, rips, etc. with no problem for years. Using Media Portal I have had NO difficulty. My steps are and have always been:

Go to FileHippo.com - Download Free Software

Type klite into the search bar

Grab the Klite Mega Codec Pack

Use the default install.

If necessary, verify that the settings in Media Portal Config are using "Media Player Classic".

Why is this not the recommended way? Installing codec packs and running individual codecs is a pain, and when an update comes out you have to do it all over again. With Klite, just re-download the newest release and re-run the install. It kills old codecs and installs all the new ones.

I can't promise this will work for those that have been running the individual pack installs and tweaking the codecs, but I just watched a MKV file last night, no problems what-so-ever.

Just my 2 cents, you may proceed to shred me if you like ;)

B

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    im all new in here, just install MP.. i never have problems running K-lite, and all movies play, AC3 and DTS sound.
    But i just cant get it to work in MP, i can se video, i can hear it, but its not comming in 5.1 or DTS ;(
    on DVD's and other things.. how do i solve this issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom