TV breaks when "No Signal Detected" (1 Viewer)

ditronics

Portal Member
February 14, 2006
Hi

I have the same problem, my DVBT card is an Kworld DVB-T100 working on mytheatre Tv runs easy, in mediaportal signals gone.

Good Luck

Regards

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I get the "No Signal" message on my upstairs PC (with a DVico Lite DTV card) and have to press the OK button on the message, then all is ok. this happens quite regularly when zapping. I'm using the Intervideo codecs.

On the main, downstairs PC, I never get this message (at least since the main problems were resolved many months ago). This PC has two Compro t300s and uses the NVidia codec.

Both PC's use the same CVS.

Hope this helps...

yankinoz

Portal Member
    May 14, 2005
    Sydney Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    MP Version: 0.2 RC2, 01-14 CVS
    Skin: Blue Two
    Windows Version: XP SP2 plus recommended patches
    CPU Type: Intel P4 3.0
    Memory: 512 DDR2
    Motherboard Chipset: Abit AG8 (Intel 915P)
    Video Card: Abit RX600 Pro-HDTV (PCI-E)
    Video Card Driver: CATALYST 5.13
    Video Render Type: VMR9
    Video Codec Type & Version: Cyberlink
    Audio Codec Type & Version: Cyberlink
    TV Card: Dvico Fusion HDTV DVB-T Plus
    TV Card Driver: 3.3 Beta 1

I'm getting this too, but it seems more frequent on the more recent CVS releases (17 Feb was almost unusable) and since going back to the 14 Jan CVS the no signal detected error is much less frequent (just went 48 hours wihtout an error, but had one this morning)

Marcusb's post is interestng, I've been wanting a second card for a while, may have to try the Compro. It's been a long time since I've done a clean reinstall, so maybe that first.

pete.keys@virgin.net

Portal Member
    February 14, 2006
    no signal shouldn't be a catastrohpic event!!!

Have been trying allsorts to get my system with Compro DVB-T200 stable. At this point wouldn't recommend it - I have lots of problems with it... i'll list them here

1) can get into radio station but then MP freezes - playing radio ok but only way to get out is to kill the MP process

2) got this no signal problem - causes MP to freeze/crash

3) the cpu load that the compro TV software uses is around 25% but when running in MP takes 45% in full window mode and 90% when its got overlay, or another window over the top ... sometime this goes up to 100% so key presses stop working and eventually system crashes

Does anyone have a fully stable 0.2RC2 with a compro DVB card? if so then I'd love to know what drivers / versions you are using.

If not then can anyone recomment another card and software combo?

I have tried lots of combinations so far. System is a bit better but that I think is becuase I have switched off all extra screen image improvements/rending/animation etc.

I thought it might be because my PC was only 2.4Mhz with 1GB of RAM but looking on here that should be perfectly adequate.

FYI my config is

Area: Media Portal Program
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-02-24)
    MediaPortal Skin: mce
    Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
    .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
    DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
    Audio Codec: DScaler Audio Decoder
    Video Codec: DScaler Mpeg2 Video Decoder
    CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 2.40GHz
    Memory: 1 GB
    Motherboard: IBM (IBM)
    TV Card Model: -Compro T200
    TV Card Type: - DVB-T
    TV Card Driver: - 1.3.3.0
    Video Card Model: Intel(r) 82845g/gl/ge/pe/gv Graphics Controller (64 MB)
    Video Card Driver: - 6.14.10.3865
    Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
    Video Render Type: VMR9
    Audio Card Model: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Audio Card Driver: -5.12.1.3624
    Synopsis:: -

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    pete.keys: I think 1) is a known problem that can be temporarily worked around by disabling the option to Grab ID3 tags if a music file is unknown (cannot remember the exact name of the option). If you search around a little you will find a thread about this.

EDIT: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=12296&highlight=
    There is the thread on the Radio issue. It appears to be fixed in the latest CVS releases though.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Re: no signal shouldn't be a catastrohpic event!!!

pete.keys@virgin.net said:
    Have been trying allsorts to get my system with Compro DVB-T200 stable. At this point wouldn't recommend it - I have lots of problems with it... i'll list them here
    Does anyone have a fully stable 0.2RC2 with a compro DVB card? if so then I'd love to know what drivers / versions you are using.
    My MP works very well. With the two cards I can record two programs at once with no issues or watch one while recording another. I have another friend with two Compros on my recommendation and he also has no issues. My set up is not too different from yours, although I am still on the last drivers but my friend is on the latest Compro drivers, same as you. I used to use DScaler, but changed to Nvidia a while ago. I think those codecs are more stable. I don't think the TV card is your problem, more likely something else.

I'm not sure about your graphics card. Is it onboard? Unless it has built in DX9 hardware support you won't have much luck with it. A full DX9 card is a must have for MP to work properly.

(By the way, I never use the radio part so I can't comment there but I again doubt that the problem you have is related to the card).

TheButler

Portal Member
    January 28, 2006
    Hi
    I've been having similar problems with loss of signal, which I'm hoping I've cured. Tried lots of things, but it seems that the DVB EPG grabber was causing my problem. Have disabled it and haven't had a loss of signal for 6 hours. Fingers crossed it continues OK. Might not be causing everyones problem but worth a go if you haven't tried it yet.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just to add one more data point. With recent CVS of RC2, I was getting this error all the time. I've now switched back to the basic RC2 (no CVS) and have not seen the error at all.

I am pretty sure there's nothing wrong with my signal, so I would suspect something that has changed in MP.

I can't see anything in the logs that help.

Mark

pete.keys@virgin.net

Portal Member
    February 14, 2006
    EPG constantly trying to get channels with no listing

I also noticed better response after I switched off the EPG grabber.

What I noticed then was that there were some channels like 301/302/303 that have no epg information so MP constantly tries to get the missing epgs for these channels ... I guess this slows things down.

Perhaps if other people see this in the logs then this should be put down as a bug?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom