[confirm] Tv guide color of scheduled programs (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The missing epg data is probably from a different channel (i do have some epg issues for some channels), but while setting the schedule, epg data was present for enough days on NED 1.

Besides that, it records correctly without any missed episodes.

Still think my guess (program has to have the exact start and end time to get highlighted) is valid.

What I do find strange (and that's what I want to get a grip on) is some airings are not highlighted (prob. due to different end time), but do show the recording symbol, so apparently there are 2 mechanisms at work to detect if a selected program is in a schedule.

Attachments

• screen.png
      screen.png
      694.5 KB

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Does someone know what triggers this "highlight" in the skin engine? I'd like to do some deeper digging to fully understand what's going on.
    I think @catavolt can shine some lights on that for DW.
    Btw: could you also test this with Titan skin?

It's just really strange what's going on...

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Titan doesn't highlight either...
    Grrr..... nice issue :D

Thinking out loud: could it be an SQL issue? Maybe run a check on the Tv dB?

1. Open a command line by clicking start, type "cmd", hit return/enter.
    2. Type cd C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\bin (this should be the path to the bin subdirectory within your MySQL install folder) and hit return/enter.
    3. Type mysqlcheck mptvdb --auto-repair -e -u root -p, and hit return/enter.
    4. A password prompt should appear. The default password is MediaPortal (case sensitive).

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think I can safely assume that my database is correct.

If you don't mind I'll wait for an answer from one of our skinners and see if I can work things out from there, because (imo) all evidence still points to "program highlight if start and end time are equal"

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If you don't mind I'll wait for an answer from one of our skinners and see if I can work things out from there, because (imo) all evidence still points to "program highlight if start and end time are equal"
    Good idea, since i'm running out of ideas ;)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, I do have found something, if I add "|| program.IsPartialRecordingSeriesPending" at the appropriate place, I do get a coloring for partially scheduled recordings.

I know it's not the way to go (just mess about until it works), do you know who has deeper knowledge of the tvplugin.dll, so I can ask what the reasoning on this was?

And is the tvplugin in a code freeze (as it's technically part of the tvengine)?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, I'll patiently wait till it's ready and work from there

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom