[Bug] TV: missing audio stream in records (Sky) (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    FreakyJ is right. The issue is with handling of dynamic PMT changes (ie. video, audio or subtitle PIDs change after timeshifting or recording starts) for encrypted channels.
    TV Server should handle this fine in most cases, however...
    1. There was a bug that only affected use of "the plugin".
    2. The DD driver ignores our request to update the decryption.

That is why I said please post logs... because I think other hardware/configurations should not have a problem unless they also have bugs, and those bugs will not be found without log files.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Thanks freakyJ and mm! I misinterpreted mm's post and thought the patch helps only in case of having a DD Card and using the plugin. Now I understand its either one or the other case. Will try it!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Stéphane, the effect should most likely be independent of whether you watch or record a stream. It's the fact that two different streams need to be decoded simultaneously.

Actually on my system a recording of an encrypted channel that parallels Live TV of second encrypted channel is prone to get messed up. Surprisingly file size of the recording looks perfectly normal, however, the ts files can't be opened by MePo nor any other video software. In practice I always delay Sky recordings to a time when I can be sure that nobody else is watching TV.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Surprisingly file size of the recording looks perfectly normal, however, the ts files can't be opened by MePo nor any other video software.
    I have that same issue sometimes but it also happens when the server is left alone and no other channel is being decrypted.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @mm1352000
    So I did try your patch from post #61 and all seems to be working fine so far.
    I did not have missing audio stream in any of the recording I did since.
    I'm also on Sky Germany with DD DVB-S card.

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For me the patch have "bad side effects". A second starting recording/timeshift will Interrupt the first one allready running as described in Post #75 and #76.

@The_Stig
    If I remember right you're also using the TBS 6981. Don't you have noticed this behavior?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    For me the patch have "bad side effects". A second starting recording/timeshift will Interrupt the first one allready running as described in Post #75 and #76.
    Posts 75 and 76 are only related to DD hardware. This is the first report I've seen of problems with TBS (and presumably the plugin)... so if you want further support, please post your log files and provide the channel name(s), date/time(s) and program names for me to analyse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom